Your Favourite Brando Movie

TizMe

If you cant beat ajarn.com then compete with 'em.  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you cant beat ajarn.com then compete with 'em.

At least the current poll leader is Thailand related, unlike the flood of bizarre off-topic posts that have sprung up recently.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be some recipricol posting of bar girl problems etc when ajarn.com comes back on-line :o

For me "Apocalypse Now"

I saw it many many times and still watch it from time to time.

I did not see the "new" version though, the one that includes scenes discarded in the first version.

Did anybody see it and is it worth adding to my DVD collection?

This booze ridden lump was paid $12,000,000 to play superman's dad in the first movie and had to read his lines from a cue card, a bargain.

As to the "Mutiny on the Bounty" where did he get that accent from, a mail order store?

Apocolypse now, he made all these statements that were completley untrue this from a man who supposedly was in favour of minority rights in the USA.

Still money is a big persuader when you are past it.

Apocalypse now, he made all these statements that were completley untrue this from a man who supposedly was in favour of minority rights in the USA.

I do not understand this one, Maerim.

You mean in the movie?

Wasn't he an actor? :o

For me "Apocalypse Now"

I did not see the "new" version though, the one that includes scenes discarded in the first version.

This is one movie where the addition of "deleted" footage is actually a bonus.

Usually I watch the "deleted" scenes and think, "well I know why they deleted that. cause it was crap" but the extra 49 minutes on this DVD are definately worth while.

For me "Apocalypse Now"

I didn't think the origional was that good either,coarse I was stoned the first time I saw it,,so I stayed fairly straight the next day and watched it again,and that time I puked all over the couch.

Ya see I had just crushed my lower right leg the week before and they had me on some severe pain killers and I layed on the hide-a-bed in the living room,the additional beer,wine and whiskey was my friends ideas.

I will say one thing for old Marlon, in one of his more lucid moments on a talk show years ago he stated the obvious and got into a load ot trouble for it.

Hw said that the Jews ran Hollywood not so much the directing of the movies but the production of them.

Now if you think he went a bit over the top consider this, of all the wars etc. that occured in the 20th century not to mention the combatants that were killed but the civilian population who had it worse.

The Russians lost at least 30 million I can't think of any movies, well ones out of Hollywood that dealt with this minor hicough.

Cambodia, what up to 25% of the population wiped out?

One movie the "Killing fields"

China , the rape of Nanking by the Japanese, it got a mention in the "Last Emperor"

made by Bernardo Bertolucci where nobody knows how many died.

Now come to the Jewish population in the Ghettos and concentration camps you can't move for these.

More tear jerkers than you can shake a stick at, and the Jews don't run Holywood ?

For me "Apocalypse Now"

There were scene of lovestory within the movies which had been discarded. i think the move to put them back in the movie was only to re-launch it...no worth it though on my point of view as the original is still one of the best brando's movies

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, don't blame the movie for spoiling it.

Naw it wasn't the enjoyment that spoiled it,it was all the far out horseshit in the movie,I never saw such shit as that.

I think who ever wrote that bunch of sorry shit was in a lot worse shape than I.

maybe good acting,I don't know,but the story line was something else.

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, don't blame the movie for spoiling it.

Naw it wasn't the enjoyment that spoiled it,it was all the far out horseshit in the movie,I never saw such shit as that.

I think who ever wrote that bunch of sorry shit was in a lot worse shape than I.

maybe good acting,I don't know,but the story line was something else.

Read 'The Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad, the book that 'Apocalypse Now' was based on, it's far far better.

Having said that I enjoyed 'Apocalypse Now' but I never really thought of it as Brando's movie, he just lurked in the background as Kurts, it was Sheen's movie.

Now 'On The Waterfront' - that was a great Brando movie.