Thailand Ranked Among Top 5 Destinations for Chinese Travelers

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The spokesperson noted the arrival of more Chinese tourists will greatly benefit the Thai tourism industry

Another case reason to exit stage right? or what. This whole post is just depressing.

4 minutes ago, Big Bert said:

So are we to expect the fleets of tour busses to be fired up and spring into action to cope with demand?

Already started if what I saw on Second Road in Pattaya yesterday just before 7pm was any indication.

Don't know what nationality but perhaps Indian although have seen quite a few more Chinese recently. 

There were at least 10/12 white MC buses parked in the area just short of the Terminal 21/Big C with seemingly buses coming out non stop on to 2nd Road from sois on the right from Soi 4 as I went along it.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, bluejets said:

So how does that help if they don't spend the cash? (just what I've heard)

From what I could make from seeing the crowds of them in Pattaya (pre-Covid days) I have the impression they pay for it all up front, Intourist style.  Of course there is souvenirs, "merriment" etc, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are rules limiting how much cash they can bring out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Any Mainland Chinese tourists spotted in Thailand for the foreseeable future are likely to be big time CCP Cadres or their close relations.  

I'm waiting for the first cold-war style high profile defections to start sometime this year...

They have a pretty effective way of handling these things: they kill the defector's family.  It discourages the practice.

• Like 2

So that would be 4th, not even on the podium, where are all these quality, high spending tourists we were told would be coming in droves? Most probably still in the dream of the person that said it.

So we are left with the Chinese and Indians, not forgetting the Russians flying in on dodgy Aeroflot flights with a maintenance record on par with the average tour bus.

They bragging on no one colonized them under WWII, let us see…

the English guys sit in Bangkok and run the country via they’re embassy, that’s why they today drive on the left side on the road. But no one want to take care of 70 million idiots who selling their daughters. 70% of single thai ladies selling sex + 34% of married when they come to a western country.

Thats why their passport take them nowhere, no country in the world want this shait. Invite monkey pox to their homeland’s and more….. “you get a boy, we make him ladyboy ????

A rat don’t do that!

i know how they are after 15 year, a daughter of 13 old understand little bit of the language!

it’s like writing in the books “Money is still number one “

Edited by The retired guy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The retired guy said:

They bragging on no one colonized them under WWII, let us see…

the English guys sit in Bangkok and run the country via they’re embassy, that why the they today drive on the left side! But no one want to take care of 70 million idiots who selling their daughters.

A rat don’t do that!

Wonder why you ever decided to come to Thailand with such a knowledge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is reported to be one of the top five destinations for Chinese tourists following the lifting of pandemic-era regulations, indicating an upbeat outlook for the nation’s tourism industry during the peak travel season.

So where are they?

• Like 2

international flights out of China have increased by 200% over the same period last month

International arrivals by all modes of transportation totaled 1.05 million last month, up 118% from a monthly average of 482,719 arrivals from January to June

SO MUCH SPIN!!!  

Just because people arrive doesn't mean they stay. Many like me use Bangkok as a transit point.

Also people arrive by crossing the border to sell vegetables or to see family.

Easing restrictions mean more cross the border. 

International arrivals in this case could include a fish seller and his family from Laos pulling a cart. 

And increasing by 200% can be going from 1 flight to 3. This also doesn't tell you where these international flights are going, but by putting it in this article they are inferring by association that these flights are coming to Thailand.

It's manipulation of statistics and misinformation. You can't call it lying but it is dishonest.

At least they are using real figures to make up this fake spin rather than the fictional COVID figures of the last 2 years.

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 1