Jump to content

Thailand’s free and accessible Women’s health care


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

image.jpeg

 

Thailand’s health care for women at government medical facilities is free of charge and quite comprehensive. The problem is that a lot of people are unaware that there are such services available for free, said Dr. Phanitra Maneeratprasert, Gynaecologist at Bang Bua Thong Hospital in Nonthaburi province.

 

The women’s clinic at this hospital is one of over 130 service points available in Nonthaburi, providing women with the health care services they need, ranging from reproductive health and maternity care to breast and cervical cancer screening. In fact, it is one of over 7,000 facilities nationwide that provide such care.

 

Anyone who holds the Universal Health Care card can access these services.

 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-free-and-accessible-womens-health-care/

 

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-08-15
 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s health care for women at government medical facilities is free of charge and quite comprehensive. The problem is that a lot of people are unaware that there are such services available for free, said Dr. Phanitra Maneeratprasert, Gynaecologist at Bang Bua Thong Hospital in Nonthaburi province.

 

The women’s clinic at this hospital is one of over 130 service points available in Nonthaburi, providing women with the health care services they need, ranging from reproductive health and maternity care to breast and cervical cancer screening. In fact, it is one of over 7,000 facilities nationwide that provide such care.

 

Anyone who holds the Universal Health Care card can access these services.

 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-free-and-accessible-womens-health-care/

Would this service be available to Thais who need kidney transplants?

I ask because I have a friend who is on dialysis every two days and a transplant is the only way to lengthen her life span, but who’s doctor does not appear to be interested in progressing her situation.

She has now been waiting 12 years and with thousands sadly dying in road accidents every year, their appears from her stand point to be little or no excuse for this.

Any information on a possible way forward would be appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course one point first, how in rules, culture or otherwise Thailand is thinking about that?

I know Thai are donating blood, but organs after dying? Maybe they do, but you ll have to inquire.

I see you need a Universal Health Care card, she has?

If the doctor is not active in kidney transplant, resolving, as he should be, find another one then.

Or Thailand has no such a thing as organ donor system, then all holds.

It is or nr 1 or 2.

12 years is a long time and indeed with the death of so many people in traffic, there could easily be the right donor. 

I just did a little check and it seems Red Cross in Thailand is active in organ donation.

So maybe inform there.

Contact information
Organs Donation Center, Thai Red Cross
Therdprakiet Somdej Phrayanasungworn (Charoen Suwattano) Bld., 5th Floor
Henry Dunant Road, Pathumwan,
Bangkok 10330
Tel: 1666

To me it looks like the doctor is somehow holding things back.

 

  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

know Thai are donating blood, but organs after dying?

They are very reluctant to do this. They believe in reincarnation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

To me it looks like the doctor is somehow holding things back.

And me but why?

The, but why of course is an answer less question, but thank you most sincerely for kind help and information, I will ask my friend if she has the UHC card and also point her in the direction of the Red Cross.

Thank you again

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lorry said:

They are very reluctant to do this. They believe in reincarnation.

Yes I fear you are correct as sadly ignorance reins supreme in the monkery.

It would only take one good honest high ranking monk to suggest that organ donation is good to preserve the life of others and I am sure 80% of the those who lose a loved one would agree to it.

Maybe one day someone with influence will pop up.

 

From what I have been led to believe there are some 72,000 people waiting for various life saving transplant interventions in Thailand and there could be a lot more unregistered, TIT and given the wholesale slaughter on the roads this could be dealt with in little more than 3 years ish.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...