Land Border open near Hua Hin?

I'm looking to do a visa run for a second visa exempt entry (1st already 30 day extended at immigration).

I was hoping to do a visa run from Hua Hin to Ban Phu Nam Ron, Kanchanaburi; but that may be closed at the moment. 

Anyone got an update?

After that I'm thinking Ranong, but I'm having trouble finding up to date info on that too.

TIA, Simon.

9 minutes ago, Simon Sparky said:

I was hoping to do a visa run from Hua Hin to Ban Phu Nam Ron, Kanchanaburi; but that may be closed at the moment. 

Last I heard is that you could only exit and re-enter there if you had an actual Thai visa that allowed you to enter the country.

11 minutes ago, Simon Sparky said:

Not sure DrJack, but i don't think so. The first extension only the 30 day, usual available for VE, even though I asked about Covid 60-day extension.

A covid extension on that???

For your first extension to a visa exempt entry you need to obtain the standard 30 day extension.

After that you can obtain a covid extension.

Be aware that Hua Hin immigration were playing games earlier this year and demanding letter from embassy.

You need quickly check that out now.

Most immigration offices were allowing applicants to use affidavit provided by the imm office. 

Couple of friends ended up paying 5k each to agent at HH (that included application fee 1900).

When does current permission of stay expire? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to do the 30 day extension before they will issue a 60 day covid 19 extension. You can do the covid extension now.

Thanks, Ubon Joe. That's the answer. Thanks too to Dr. Jack.

With HH Immigration, you had to send a recent dated email to the embassy requesting a letter and show the  reply and linked page that says they don't do extension letters. This system went on for 2 years. I think now [now they're threatening to stop covid extensions] they've finally switched to the affidavid method.

Thank you all. I'll confirm the result soon.

Simon.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

When does current permission of stay expire? 

The VE extension finishes on the 20th, I'll probably go tomorrow. HH were certainly threatening "no more covid-19 extensions [after the 24th Aug.?]" , but I will see if I can get a confirmation /update on that tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Simon.

12 hours ago, Simon Sparky said:

The VE extension finishes on the 20th, I'll probably go tomorrow. HH were certainly threatening "no more covid-19 extensions [after the 24th Aug.?]" , but I will see if I can get a confirmation /update on that tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Simon.

Timing of you expiry is perfect.

It would be pity if HH invoke their own set of rules, sadly nothing new..

Call their bluff and ask if agent can assist.

Bit of hassle but you could take short "holiday" (Bangkok) and have hotel do a TM30 and obtain CE at Laski immigration.

Attached is screenshot from couple of USA friends obtaining first CE in approx February at HH.

Rubbish office.

Screenshot_20220815-184647.jpg

8 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Maybe I smoked one too much but since when was Kanchanaburi near Hua Hin? Might as well fly out to Kuala Lumpur from Hua Hin then.

It's an easy drive. 

Maybe 3 and half hours.

Nice joint to spend night or 2 if that suits the OP. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's an easy drive. 

Maybe 3 and half hours.

Nice joint to spend night or 2 if that suits the OP. 

True, nothing wrong to enjoy 1-2 nights in kanchanaburi. I'd still prefer a KL visit and get a new visa instead though.

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

True, nothing wrong to enjoy 1-2 nights in kanchanaburi. I'd still prefer a KL visit and get a new visa instead though.

The OP stated visa run but actually meant border bounce and visa exempt entry. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Really sherlock, I thought he would obtain Thai residency in Myanmar instead.

Read the first sentence of the OP.

He wants a border bounce for visa exempt entry.

Then you type about obtaining a visa in KL.

GEEEZ

It appears that the border near the town of Prachuap Khiri Khan is still closed to foreigners according to go-myanmar.com Arriving and departing from Myanmar (Burma) over land | Go-Myanmar.com (go-myanmar.com)  "The Singkhorn Pass is only open for Myanmar and Thai residents travelling either way for up to two days. It connects Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan (Thailand) with a very remote part Myanmar's Tanintharyi Division" 

• Like 1

Apologies to those who wanted more land border information following the subject line.

The solution to my problem turned out to be a covid-19 extension (that had been denied for the first visa exempt extension}.

UPDATE:

Extension, 60 days, probably worked (under BKK consideration now)

HH Immigration are finally using the affidavit pages.

HH say the  Covid 19 excuse will finish 24 August. I noticed there's also a box to tick if you're having trouble with flights.

11 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

It appears that the border near the town of Prachuap Khiri Khan is still closed to foreigners according to go-myanmar.com Arriving and departing from Myanmar (Burma) over land | Go-Myanmar.com (go-myanmar.com)  "The Singkhorn Pass is only open for Myanmar and Thai residents travelling either way for up to two days. It connects Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan (Thailand) with a very remote part Myanmar's Tanintharyi Division" 

AFAIK, although foreigners have visited Myanmar there, it has never been good for in-out passport stamps.

Thanks for everyone's input

Simon.

• Like 1