Advice on retirement extension Hua Hin

I have finally given in to the IO intimidation every time we went for married extension, and have decided to change to retirement extension this time.
I am preparing the required documentation and would appreciate any comments if I have missed something. This is specific for the Hua Hin Immigration Office.

•    Required money have been seeded for 4 months in a fixed account.
•    Account statement letter from the bank
•    Copy of the bankbook, updated on the day of application
•    Copy of the relevant passport pages
•    Hand drawn map to the location of my house
•    TM8 form and photo

I don’t have rental receipts as I’m staying in my wife’s house. Is a copy of her Tabien Baan and her ID acceptable instead? I also have yellow Tabien Baan and a pink ID card.

Also, do the Immigration need two copies of the documentation?

The 800k baht only has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for a extension based upon retirement. Then it must be kept in the bank 3 months after the day you apply and then it can be lowered to 400k baht.

You use a TM7 application form for a extension. A TM8 is for a re-entry permit.

A map to your house is not normally needed for a extension based upon retirement.

A copy of your wife's house book registry is enough.

You only need one TM7 form and one set of copies.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update ubonjoe. The money is in a fixed account so unlikely to be touched in a year. I meant TM7 form, same as for married extension, finger-slip.

I know that each Immigration Office have their own peculiar requirements, that's why I specifically mentioned Hua Hin.

47 minutes ago, worrab said:

They do like this at Hua Hin though. Hand drawn or a Google map copy will do nicely.

My experience differs, I've never been asked for any map of my homes location here in Hua Hin when extending my stay based on retirement, either hand drawn or a Google Map.

15 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

I have finally given in to the IO intimidation every time we went for married extension, and have decided to change to retirement extension this time.

Interested to know what the issues were with a marriage extension. Too many documents ? Requirements keep changing ?

1 hour ago, skorts said:

I have been doing my retirement extensions at Hua Hin Immigration office since 2015. I always have to provide a map of my property location. So I think best to take one with you just in case ….

36 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

if you ask people on here, you will get different answers.

go to the main office, ask them for the list of documents you need.

they have the list prepared for you

I think people give answers based on their personal experience, I also have never been asked for a map of my properties location in Hua Hin over the years I've been doing them, but neither have I offerred one, maybe they'll take one if it's offerred but wouldn't routinely demand one, I really don't know.

I do agree that it's probably best to have one up your sleeve, just in case an IO asks for one.  

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

go to the main office, ask them for the list of documents you need.

they have the list prepared for you

If they are anything like the office I deal with, you can pick up the list on Friday afternoon, submit your application on Monday morning and find that you are missing 2 or 3 items.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, skorts said:

I have been doing my retirement extensions at Hua Hin Immigration office since 2015. I always have to provide a map of my property location. So I think best to take one with you just in case ….

And your bank book... they like to see the real book plus the copies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just an update for future reference to whoever might need it.

Documents I submitted to the Immigration:

Form TM6  filled in and with photo attached

Copies of relevant passport pages (ID page and all the extension pages)

Account statement bank letter (1 day old)

Copy of updated bankbook (updated on the application day)

Hand drawn map to my house (the same I submitted for married extensions)

Copy of wife's Tabien Baan

Copy of our marriage certificate

The last item, I was told, was needed because I changed from married to retired extension. Would not be needed next time. The IO doing my application asked if my wife was there, and called her to sit with me, but didn't ask her anything, or to sign anything. For all that mattered it could have been my Mia Noi.....

The only question that came up was why the bank account started in April. I replied that I've cancelled the old account I used for married extension and started a new one. Also, I keep 1 million in the fixed account. Seem to be liked by IO's and avoids any problems with proving your financial status. It's also good to have 200K baht as an emergency fund, if need arises.

All items need to be verified against the originals. Lucky me having marriage certificate copies and the original.

All in all it took about 15 minutes from seeing the IO to getting the passport back with the stamps. They also updated my 90 day reporting. This might be because I just got back from Europe 2 weeks prior.

• Thanks 1