Fire breaks out in a kindergarten classroom at Pattaya City Eight School

snoop1130

2045FBA0-BED3-4C1D-9E5B-7FAAB80D0438-696x392.jpeg

A fire caused by a short circuit broke out in a kindergarten classroom at Pattaya City Eight School, but all 108 students were safe and uninjured.

Thitiphan Petchtrakul, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya, and Banlue Kullawanich, chairman of the Pattaya City Council, rushed to Pattaya Eight School on South Pattaya Road in Nongprue subdistrict of Banglamung today, August 16th, following a report that a fire had erupted in a kindergarten classroom.

The classroom was on the first floor and usually housed kindergarten students aged 4-6 years old. The fire was extinguished by teachers and janitors while all students had been evacuated safely from the second and third floors.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/16/fire-breaks-out-in-kindergarten-classroom-at-pattaya-city-eight-school-nobody-injured/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-08-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A fire caused by a short circuit broke

Was it caused by a short circuit or by substandard work?

How many qualified electricians are in Thailand and how many non-qualified idiots mess around with electrical wires all the time?

Lots of bad work is bad but people don't die as a consequence. Bad electrical work kills people. When will Thailand take this serious? When will they punish people who mess around with life threatening installations? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How many qualified electricians are in Thailand and how many non-qualified idiots mess around with electrical wires all the time?

Lots of bad work is bad but people don't die as a consequence. Bad electrical work kills people. When will Thailand take this serious? When will they punish people who mess around with life threatening installations? 

Good grief man. Relax.

• Sad 4

34 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Good grief man. Relax.

Would you relax if your house burns down, maybe with people inside, because of some idiot who didn't know what he was doing? 

Should it not be enough to think what might have happened is that short circuit would have happened with kids int he kindergarten?

I saw recently with my own eyes the absolute horrible work of some Thai "electrician". Unfortunately there are way too many of those in Thailand.

No, I don't think that is relaxing. 

• Thanks 2

I see they are looking at a fan. So that one would have caused the fire?

I dont think sockets in a class room are fused for lower Amps.

As what should you put on a socket in a classroom? So having a B5 instead of C20 would be wise. And of course with a RCBO. But Thai dont want a fuse to work.

Ill bet they have C20 A fuse. Yes, the power went up, when on the partial shortcut in the fan, but before a C20 shuts of you need higher Amps and/or longer time and here it is was lower, not switching the fuse.

If you have a hard shortcut then power goes up in jiffy time and C20 will reach switching point.

This shortcut in the fan was to create more heat and not yet switching the fuse, too high.

The power could have been 15 A , just creating more heat, until it sets plastic housing on fire.

This fan would normally do 300 W tops, 1.3 A.

Or the fan wasnt running anymore, dirt in fan, no more spinning and then motor will be heated up, no motor cooling anymore and reach critical temperature to ignite housing.

Motors have their own cooling fans.

The motor becomes a heating element.

13 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

I dont think sockets in a class room are fused for lower Amps

Probably like my house whereby a single breaker feeds multiple outlets and lighting etc, and a single 32 amp overload breaker is the only 'protection'... plenty enough power to start a fire. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 7:19 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Would you relax if your house burns down, maybe with people inside, because of some idiot who didn't know what he was doing? 

Should it not be enough to think what might have happened is that short circuit would have happened with kids int he kindergarten?

I saw recently with my own eyes the absolute horrible work of some Thai "electrician". Unfortunately there are way too many of those in Thailand.

No, I don't think that is relaxing. 

How about posing those deep, searching questions in the electrical forum?

On 8/17/2022 at 6:10 AM, Cake Monster said:

Maybe if your Child was in that Classroom, we would all see just how cool and relaxed you would be about the situation.

But my child wasn't. Sorry to disappoint.

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

How relaxed do you think the parents of the children are? 

Probably not very but possibly more relaxed than yourself, @Cake Monster and @OneMoreFarang ?

On 8/16/2022 at 3:25 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe Thailand is not the place for you?

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

Correct, which is in contradiction to your post/s. 

Contradiction? Where? I'm not the one getting in a flap over whether the parents are getting in a flap. I admit that they probably are as it's their kids that are/were in danger. I fail to see how getting in flap over things that don't concern me directly or things I don't have the power to change or influence is going to make a hill of beans of difference here.

Meanwhile, over in the latest 'Thailand road carnage continues' thread...

Edited by NanLaew

On 8/19/2022 at 3:48 PM, NanLaew said:

Contradiction? Where? I'm not the one getting in a flap over whether the parents are getting in a flap. I admit that they probably are as it's their kids that are/were in danger. I fail to see how getting in flap over things that don't concern me directly or things I don't have the power to change or influence is going to make a hill of beans of difference here.

Meanwhile, over in the latest 'Thailand road carnage continues' thread...

Geez, do you think some members may be a little concerned because the the property they are living in has the same terrible standard of electrical work which could fry them one day? 

You are only looking at the news article, not the bigger picture, which effects us all.

• Like 1