Switching Extension Types

Is it possible to change from a 1 year retirement extension to a 1 year marriage extension if you are approximately 3-6 months in?

e.g  You get a job offer that's too good to pass up and require a work permit.

Edited by fondue zoo

Normally immigration will not cancel your extension in order to change the reason for your extension from retirement to marriage.

You may have to leave the country without a re-entry permit and get a new non-o visa to start all over again.

• Like 1

Just now, fondue zoo said:

okay, thank you.

Does Savannakhet still process Non O visa (single or multi-entry) applications without a bank requirement?

Yes

They will only want to see proof of the standard 20k baht for all visa application.

5 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Is that new for Non O visa's ?   They didn't ask for 20k last time I was there.

They do not show it on their website but it can be asked for when you apply.

See: https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visiting-family-member-of-a-thai-nationality-a-sp?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453f

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Normally immigration will not cancel your extension in order to change the reason for your extension from retirement to

marriage.

You may have to leave the country without a re-entry permit and get a new non-o visa to start all over again.

I change extension from Retirement that originally was based on a O-A visa three years ago to a extension based on marriage here in Pattaya , with no insurance requirements. The change was done at the annual extension, without any problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, spetersen said:

I change extension from Retirement that originally was based on a O-A visa three years ago to a extension based on marriage here in Pattaya , with no insurance requirements. The change was done at the annual extension, without any problem.

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is the normal way of doing it. 

I did the same, came near to expiry date I changed from retirement O based on income to marriage based on deposit.

[I had the 400k deposited for the previous 12 months]

I was given a 30 day under consideration stamp and had to do a  "full application process" as apposed to ext'n.

Did the required paperwork dual copies of everything and had the home visit. Stamped and approved at the end of the 30 days.

Next year I guess getting an ext'n will be slightly different but in what way I'm not sure.