Law change to hit poor.

Kwasaki

I'm not poor as such but have a smartcab with what I call suicide doors likened to 4 door. 

Many poor people have only 2 door trucks with a a seat in the back of the cab and usually put people in the back tray. 

New law stopping people from sitting in the back of the cab so me having fitted seat belts is now a waste of time. 

Shall I go back to Isuzu and get a rebate on the back seat cushion they put in it for people to sit on.  ????

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Denim said:

A law is one thing.

People ignoring it in rural areas is the reality.

Which is a sensible reflection of how folks are feeling about such ridiculous over lording.

They'll pass on it..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Over the radio my Mrs said they have changed mind again. ????

You can sit people inside the cab as long as passenger next to driver is wearing a seat belt. ????

Not read that anywhere yet, but that just means it is "as was"

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Not read that anywhere yet, but that just means it is "as was"

Been discussing making changes to motor laws on radio in Thai for a couple of days and now as you say back to usual. 

I fitted seat belts but nothing was said when stopped at check points before I fitted them. 

I just thought it was such an unfair thing to do within such a short time just to rip off the poor. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Been discussing making changes to motor laws on radio in Thai for a couple of days and now as you say back to usual. 

I fitted seat belts but nothing was said when stopped at check points before I fitted them. 

I just thought it was such an unfair thing to do within such a short time just to rip off the poor. 

Well as we all know most Thai laws are optional. Around here most of the pick-up drivers don't wear their belts anyway. I tried to suggest they did as it would stop them falling out of their seat when drunk, but they just don't listen ????

Edited by Excel
  • Haha 2

Took a cabbie today (Toyota Altis, probably about 10 years old) that just got his papers done at DLT before picking me up at their compound... noticed he had no headrests installed, and when trying to use seatbelt at the back seat, I realised that while seatbelt was there, you could not plug it anywhere... driver confirmed that I can't use it... Wonder who pays the fine if cops stop you after 5 Sep...? Passenger or driver? Also how could a car like that pass inspection??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Took a cabbie today (Toyota Altis, probably about 10 years old) that just got his papers done at DLT before picking me up at their compound... noticed he had no headrests installed, and when trying to use seatbelt at the back seat, I realised that while seatbelt was there, you could not plug it anywhere... driver confirmed that I can't use it... Wonder who pays the fine if cops stop you after 5 Sep...? Passenger or driver? Also how could a car like that pass inspection??

Simple have watched a DLT test bring done.. they more interested IN the serial number to see if it matches the book... only thing I seen them do is shove a thing up the exhaust pipe ..but don't know why they do that as billowing black smoke doesn't seem to fail it...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

..but don't know why they do that as billowing black smoke doesn't seem to fail it...

Black smoke indicates the presence of unburned diesel fuel - caused most often by a air cleaner in need of service, or a "performance" chip piggy back with the ECU

Doubt their are any Altis with a diesel

• Like 1