Recreational cannabis use can be legalised under the current law being passed through parliament

webfact

"its recreational use in Thailand is still illegal under public health regulations and secondary laws"

They keep saying this, but never explain what these " secondary laws" are, or what exactly they forbid. The general view of the authorities seems to be, "well, we didn't intend for recreational use to be legalized, so therefore it's illegal" - even if there isn't actually any law against it. 

The fact that the Department of Witchcraft and Jungle Sorcery restricts the sale of cannabis to children and pregnant women, and that public nuisance laws forbid annoying people around you with your skunky weed cloud, is not at all the same as saying that recreational use of the substance in private is unlawful.

Edited by khunjeff
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

"its recreational use in Thailand is still illegal under public health regulations and secondary laws"

They keep saying this, but never explain what these " secondary laws" are, or what exactly they forbid. The general view of the authorities seems to be, "well, we didn't intend for recreational use to be legalized, so therefore it's illegal" - even if there isn't actually any law against it. 

You can read what the new Bill going before parliament includes here:

New bill outlines limits on ganja use

https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-bill-outlines-limits-on-ganja-use-85291.php?

• Like 2

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

You can read what the new Bill going before parliament includes here:

New bill outlines limits on ganja use

https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-bill-outlines-limits-on-ganja-use-85291.php?

Yes, thank you. But I'm referring to the situation at present, in the absence of a cannabis law, not to what the situation may be in the future, when they finally get around to passing the law. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Bullish Anutin, this week, argued that social problems caused by his campaign to decriminalise marijuana were negligible and even pointed to a provision in the new Cannabis Act which could see recreational use of the drug fully legalised by a parliamentary amendment in the future

It started off as medicinal use only... how things change.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I can't smoke, it hurts my throat an gives me coughing fits. hence I've never had a good experience with MJ. any idea if we can get those 'gummies' here in Bangkok?

I've seen advertising signs for them in front of various weed shops near Asoke, as well as on Facebook. There are also weed bakeries selling cookies and brownies. 

3 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

The MoH is wearing an orange tie confirming his affinity with the coffee shops of Amsterdam. Next on his list, bicycle mounted bongs for safe hands-free travel.

interesting.thought. I saw this one on the web: Ganjacentre.com . is it his?

4 minutes ago, peter zwart said:

interesting.thought. I saw this one on the web: Ganjacentre.com . is it his?

Love the name, Amnesia Haze. Ideal for LOS. When faced with the individual who asks 'Do you know who I am?' your response would be 'Jeez, I don't even know who I am' ????