First retirement extension, from a single entry non imm O, monthly money ?

Backstory is I am considering bringing my elderly and infirm mother from the UK to Thailand. I would rather not do the OA route, it would be hard to organize and the ongoing insurance drawbacks so trying to stay with basic non imm O. 

I believe multiple non imm Os are hard to obtain in the UK now (unsure as all the consulates seem to have closed, input welcome) and suspect that I will be obtaining a non imm O 90 day single entry for her. 

Given she will arrive without any bank account, and in her medical state traipsing around to obtain an account sounds like a nightmare but one I will have to solve. So assuming we obtain a bank account in the first few weeks I still don't see how she obtains an extension. 

The preferred way would be 65k a month, but she will only be here < 3 months at extension time so how do they view this ?? Can you use this route from a single entry, it seems impossible ? 

The fall back option is I provide her the 800k for the extension but again, doesn't the first retirement need 3 months seasoning ?? And then I dont have access to 'my' funds for how many months ? and must leave 400k all year ?? The lack of access is an annoyance, but the seasoning looks like another closed option ??

How do the care facilities handle this with people with who have dementia and a lack of ability to process things ??

I am of course aware that agents 'solve' this, its an option but I prefer to go by the book if its not too punitive. 

If you are on certain extensions of stay you mother could get a extension of stay for being a member of your family with no financial proof being required.

The 800k baht only has to be in the bank for every extension of stay application.

The rules state only 2 or 3 months of 65k baht being transferred in to a Thai bank is required for the first extension application but many offices will not accept it.

If you are on certain extensions of stay you mother could get a extension of stay for being a member of your family with no financial proof being required.

I am on a non imm O annual extension of stay issued on the basis of married to a Thai national. Just done in June and issued after 30 days under review in July so good for another 10 months.

Can my mother piggy back on my extension ?? With no money shown ?? That would be superb. 

The 800k baht only has to be in the bank for every extension of stay application.

I assume I am miss understanding you. I was sure the money had to be in the account for 2 months prior and 3 months prior for the first extension of stay. Also I believed that the funds had to remain in there in full for some period (3 months) and 400k remain untouched all year but am hazy on this as I am not yet eligible for retirement option. 

The rules state only 2 or 3 months of 65k baht being transferred in to a Thai bank is required for the first extension application but many offices will not accept it.

Chiang Mai ?? Any idea or feedback ?? 

9 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Can my mother piggy back on my extension ?? With no money shown ?? That would be superb. 

No 

Extensions of stay based upon marriage to a Thai is one of the few that do not have that option.

I assume I am miss understanding you. I was sure the money had to be in the account for 2 months prior and 3 months prior for the first extension of stay. Also I believed that the funds had to remain in there in full for some period (3 months) and 400k remain untouched all year but am hazy on this as I am not yet eligible for retirement option.

It is two months before the day of application to apply for the extension and the 3 months after the date of application and then 400k baht for the remainder of the year. Not sure where you getting the 3 months before number from.

Chiang Mai ?? Any idea or feedback ?? 

I don't think they will accept the 2 or 3 months of transfers to do the first extension. Best to ask them.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No 

Extensions of stay based upon marriage to a Thai is one of the few that do not have that option.

Damn !! Would have been ideal.. 

It is two months before the day of application to apply for the extension and the 3 months after the date of application and then 400k baht for the remainder of the year. Not sure where you getting the 3 months before number from.

I thought there was something in the first application for extension which needed longer ??

Either way, it seems very tight to achieve with arrival to bank to deposit to seasoning to applying prior to expiry, possible yes, but extremely hard.

I don't think they will accept the 2 or 3 months of transfers to do the first extension. Best to ask them.

I am in UK now trying to assess and solve her uk issues. 

Changing tack, what do residential care homes for senile people do about this ?? 

Hello,

Im up for my extension of stay based on marriage on the 26 th September.  I went to the joimtien immi office to enquire about procedure changes. The officer advised that I would require a bank account Statement.  I showed my lh bank book advising that the Funds are locked in fixed term deposit until October 22. The officer inisted about the Bank account Statement.  I dont understand for it is a fixed deposit. ? Advice would be appreciated 

Wbr

Roobaa01