Is the new Visa exempt likely to allow 6 months and only one border exit?

Since the new 45 day visa exempt might also provide the same 45 day extension when details are fully released.

If a second exempt is allowed after exit and then when the extension is applied this provides a total of 180 days.

I was expecting to be applying for a multi entry tourist visa to cover the length of my visit of 180 days in six weeks time from London Embassy.

Obviously there is a lot of assumption in my question, being if 45 day extension is the available and a second entry exempt is also permitted, but if so this would then mean only one exit out of Thailand and not having to use the eVisa site with its limitations.

Ignoring my assumptions, cos nobody knows anything yet - Have I missed anything outside of this?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Would be possible at land border no problem. 

Mnnn - Therefore - If enter back with tourist visa - This would give 165 days - And would only require 15 days outside Thailand on a single exit - And no eVisa application required....This seems do-able.

Not sure if its still true, but pre covid Ho Chi Minh City was always the most comfortable experience - If not then fly direct to Phnom Penh and apply i.e This would remove the travel from HCMC and PP to make a border entry.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spambot said:

Mnnn - Therefore - If enter back with tourist visa - This would give 165 days - And would only require 15 days outside Thailand on a single exit - And no eVisa application required....This seems do-able.

Not sure if its still true, but pre covid Ho Chi Minh City was always the most comfortable experience - If not then fly direct to Phnom Penh and apply i.e This would remove the travel from HCMC and PP to make a border entry.

Are all visas not E-visas now? I got the impression that they must be done online only, no visits to embassy's anymore.

I stand corrected if this is incorrect.

45 days + 30 days= 75 days
border run
repeat 75 days

150 days with one exit
note land borders
Cambodia visa $30
Laos visa $30
Burma visa $50 < ( BUT pre covid if u only wanted exit to reenter Thailand u could do that for $10)
Malaysia visa Free

2 visa exempt at land borders/calendar year but after ur 2, you could overland out an fly back in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

45 days + 30 days= 75 days
border run
repeat 75 days

150 days with one exit
note land borders
Cambodia visa $30
Laos visa $30
Burma visa $50 < ( BUT pre covid if u only wanted exit to reenter Thailand u could do that for $10)
Malaysia visa Free

2 visa exempt at land borders/calendar year but after ur 2, you could overland out an fly back in

Great summary of options - Hopefully useful for everyone - Thanks.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not all embassies and official consulates use the e visa system. The majority of them do not use it.

None of the nearby countries use the e visa site.

Is that because they're ASEAN members and don't need tourist visas?

Ubon Joe, do you think the SETV visa will be increased to 75 days (max 105) or stay at 60 (max 90)? Thanks

3 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

Is that because they're ASEAN members and don't need tourist visas?

I has nothing to do with ASEAN. The is no blanket agreement within ASEAN for visa exempt entries.

3 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

Ubon Joe, do you think the SETV visa will be increased to 75 days (max 105) or stay at 60 (max 90)? Thanks

No

• Thanks 1