Brick weed. Why the different color wrappers?

I see brick weed for sale on facebook marketplace. All sellers seem to have 3 different kinds, gold, red and blue if memory serves. Do these signify different qualities?

I can remember one time getting some exceptionally fine brick weed. It was nice dark green and a bit sticky. It was a fantastic smoke and I went back the next day to buy another block for spare but they had sole out and back to the usual dry, seed-ridden stuff that smelled a bit moldy and was their usual product. I would love to buy whatever it was I got that time.

Feel free to post suppliers you had good experiences with for brick.

In my experience the best brick weed is available in December and January. That's just after the fall harvest and before the heat turns it brown and stinky.

I've noticed two strains  - one sweet and the other spicy - I like both. There is a lot of variation even within the same batch of bricks so I use my nose to find the best smell with as few of seeds as possible. Even in the freezer it cures a little and smokes the best by mid year.

To answer your question about the foil wrapper - no I don't think there is any secret code.  The best bricks I've seen in the last few years were branded with a sticker that says "Made in Lao". They seem like skilled growers. 

• Like 1

The different colours are different grades  Gold is the best quality hardly any sticks an seeds sticky smells great and a very good high as the poster above mentioned it also depends at what time if year that you buy it but the gold sells out fast before it was  legal,I would not buy the other colour blocks unless there was no choice .There is also the red thread that I have bought a few times over the years usually comes in a lot looser blocks very good quality with red cotton interwoven better buds not just wrapped around the outside like I have seen recently on Facebook etc .Best place to sort Thai blocks is in Thai Facebook groups many different options available 

17 minutes ago, expatocean said:

The different colours are different grades  Gold is the best quality hardly any sticks an seeds sticky smells great and a very good high as the poster above mentioned it also depends at what time if year that you buy it but the gold sells out fast before it was  legal,I would not buy the other colour blocks unless there was no choice .There is also the red thread that I have bought a few times over the years usually comes in a lot looser blocks very good quality with red cotton interwoven better buds not just wrapped around the outside like I have seen recently on Facebook etc .Best place to sort Thai blocks is in Thai Facebook groups many different options available 

You may be right, but I question the color grading. Have you really found that to be true? It would take a lot of cooperation between independent criminals to pull it off, and I  doubt lessor quality producers would be keen to participate.  

• Like 2

Yes definitely true the gold block could go for up to  35,000 a kilo before it was legal especially when it first arrives at the end of every year ,last year the gold blocks where arriving also with vacume packed kilos of the same quality.The growers are producing Tons of stuff they do not need to cooperate with each other . 

Edited by expatocean

• 7 months later...

There is no way that the color of the foil wrapping, or the string, is somehow standardized, or indicative of "quality".

On 8/23/2022 at 7:39 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

Feel free to post suppliers you had good experiences with for brick.

The cheap weed thread has quite a  few brick recommendations, mayeb just search that? Or go back to where you purchased this

On 8/23/2022 at 7:39 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

getting some exceptionally fine brick weed

and ask them what is was, where they got it, and can they get more for you. At least you'd build up your knowledge base.

On 8/23/2022 at 9:09 AM, Wuvu2 said:

You may be right, but I question the color grading. Have you really found that to be true? It would take a lot of cooperation between independent criminals to pull it off, and I  doubt lessor quality producers would be keen to participate.  

It's gang colours.

3 colours = 3 different criminal producers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1