Family Visit

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There will be no need to do a TM30 report since she will not be doing anything at immigration.

UbonJoe I have a question to add. Regardless if she was to stay at a hotel the first few nights or going straight to the families home, is it not the responsibility of the homeowner (or maybe the renter) to let immigration know that she staying there?  I thought there was some sort of rule like that. That might have been the old days or maybe I was just confused.

thanks, Wayne

6 hours ago, PolarAttack said:

UbonJoe I have a question to add. Regardless if she was to stay at a hotel the first few nights or going straight to the families home, is it not the responsibility of the homeowner (or maybe the renter) to let immigration know that she staying there?  I thought there was some sort of rule like that. That might have been the old days or maybe I was just confused.

thanks, Wayne

I was also surprised by @ubonjoe's advice. I think what he was implying is that, although strictly speaking the TM30 notification is required, if never interacting with Immigration, they will never know and the administrative omission is academic. I think this attitude is reasonable. The worst that could happen would be a fine, and that is highly unlikely. Some may feel that laws, however nonsensical, should always be adhered to. In that case, of course, the TM30 notification should be made.