Timeline to extend multi-entry non-o visa based on marriage + Savannakhet questions

I plan to get a multi-entry non-o visa based on marriage at Savannakhet soon, and was wondering:

1. Anyone know a place to safely park my car in Mukdahan for a night or two? I'll take the bus from there.

2. I will probably be in a position to apply for a 1 year extension within Thailand well before this visa expires. Am I right in assuming that I will be able to apply 30 days before the admitted-until date on my current stamp, regardless of my visa expiry date?

Thanks much

Regarding parking, there's large covered parking right at the check point, left-hand side before where the minivans turn around. I was there on a week-day just before the Covid lock-down and there was only maybe a dozen cars parked there. They seem used to people on the 2-day 'overnight' visa park up and I can't recall what the fee is but maybe 200 to 400 baht? You get a receipt. It's reasonably secure but like all parking, you assume the risk. Just don't leave the wallet on the dashboard of your Maybach while you're away.

Marked 'Parking Lot' in the appended.

345509590_friendshipbridge2parking.jpg.e7fe3d8fd363371720480ebbb93a282b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, araiwaja said:

2. I will probably be in a position to apply for a 1 year extension within Thailand well before this visa expires. Am I right in assuming that I will be able to apply 30 days before the admitted-until date on my current stamp, regardless of my visa expiry date?

Yes, you are correct.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Regarding parking, there's large covered parking right at the check point, left-hand side before where the minivans turn around. I was there on a week-day just before the Covid lock-down and there was only maybe a dozen cars parked there. They seem used to people on the 2-day 'overnight' visa park up and I can't recall what the fee is but maybe 200 to 400 baht? You get a receipt. It's reasonably secure but like all parking, you assume the risk. Just don't leave the wallet on the dashboard of your Maybach while you're away.

Marked 'Parking Lot' in the appended.

345509590_friendshipbridge2parking.jpg.e7fe3d8fd363371720480ebbb93a282b.jpg

Think it is now 250bht per night...

• Like 1