Hun Sen Says CPP Won’t Lose Power Even If He Dies

geovalin

Prime Minister Hun Sen argued with unnamed critics during a university graduation speech on Tuesday about the transfer of power to his son and the creation of a Vietnamese language program at the Royal University of Phnom Penh. Speaking at a graduation ceremony for students from Asia Euro University, Prime Minister Hun Sen mocked those who predicted that he would lose his grip on power.

Hun Sen said he accepted that he would eventually die. But even then, power would remain with his party, he said. “I would like to clarify that it will not fall into the hands of others rather than the Cambodian People’s Party. I would like to clarify beforehand,” he said. “I already announced, prepared already. Why don’t you listen? Hun Sen said an opposition party would plunge Cambodia into war if they took over.

“If the CPP does not control the power, war will erupt,” he said. Another party would confiscate wealth from the rich to hand to the poor, he added, and would also wage war with Thailand and Vietnam for territory.

read more https://vodenglish.news/hun-sen-says-cpp-wont-lose-power-even-if-he-dies/

hun-sen-aug-23.jpeg.3872b89e5d4223a6ad4d189ea0f7ee87.jpeg