New computer

harry94

Today i visited Power Buy ,I am thinking about buying a new lap top . i was looking at Acer , then i noticed

on some of the descriptions it said Windows Free ! , does that mean some of their computers will come with out Windows 11. or you have to pay extra for windows ?

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

i cannot speak Thai ???? yes i know about ssd , just want to know if windows 11 is extra

Most seem to install their company Windows which usually has a time period, then it goes into renew it. That's how these shops can install a Windows for 300bht....A genuine Windows ups the price a lot..

It's most likely means exactly what it say "Windows Free" meaning you don't have to pay for it. Most likely Win 11 these days.  You obviously know what model you were looking at so just google the ACER Thai site and read the spec.

https://store.acer.com/th-th/?utm_campaign=acerstore-()-traffic-2022-th&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_term=dynamic_search_ads-text_1-brand&gclid=CjwKCAjw3qGYBhBSEiwAcnTRLsr6Qc01DM6TfC4Axu2cSv6RsQ93aF10BnHuXmUUms90_7bunO-y-BoCrwYQAvD_BwE

Edited by Excel

OP, Its quiet common, in shops like powerbuy, for cheaper laptops to ship without windows. It keeps the ticket price down. They will have Linux. There is usually an option for bogus windows or legit windows for extra.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Thank you all for your advice , i have visited Acer site and decided to buy direct from them .

Acer laptops seem good to me. Using one now, 11 years old, purchased secondhand in South America. It had a U.S.A. keyboard but as some of the keys eventually failed, I had that replaced with a U.K. one. Mrs bought a different model of Acer laptop in Thailand, dating from 2009 which works well too.

• Like 1

Every PC laptop is going to come with windows as thats the operating system, whether it come with windows 11 or an older version is not certain but typically laptops get upgraded/sold with the latest operating system. 

I would recommend Dell over Asus, typically with PC laptops you're looking for a company which has better engineering and higher quality components. 

Edited by dj230

34 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Acer laptops seem good to me. Using one now, 11 years old, purchased secondhand in South America. It had a U.S.A. keyboard but as some of the keys eventually failed, I had that replaced with a U.K. one. Mrs bought a different model of Acer laptop in Thailand, dating from 2009 which works well too.

Yea. Acers & Dells last forever bro. Just clean out the fan & heatpipes once a year & all set ????

• Thanks 2