Vietnamese man arrested after stealing 15,000 baht in cash and an iPhone from a Dutch tourist on Samui Island

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Naewna

By Goongnang Suksawat

Samui, Surat Thani – A Vietnamese suspect was arrested after stealing 15,000 baht and an iPhone from a Dutch tourist while he was inside an entertainment venue on Samui Island.

The Bo Phut Police Chief Colonel Yutthana Sirisombat told local Thai media, “Mr. Hanifi Mert, 25, from the Netherlands, filed a report last week on August 20th that his iPhone 13 and 15,000 baht were stolen from his bag while he was dancing inside an entertainment venue near Cha Weng Beach.”

“We checked CCTV footage inside the entertainment venue. The male suspect took cash and a mobile phone from Mr. Mert.” Yutthana stated.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/08/27/vietnamese-man-arrested-after-stealing-15000-baht-in-cash-and-an-iphone-from-a-dutch-tourist-on-samui-island/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-08-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

6 minutes ago, dirtybirty said:

samui mafia sorry police force are a joke

That is not my experience having lived here for more than 20 years.

I have been in need of the police support on a number of occasions and found them to be helpful and sympathetic.

Stolen kayak - recovered.

A farang on a motorbike was attacked and punched by a drugged up local rich guy - sorted.

Local Thai crashed his scooter and his friend accused me of causing the accident - police said no.

Security guard beaten up by a local 'Mr big' - resolved.

Two lost kids  - found and so on.

I have never been asked for money or a bribe.

• Like 2