Prawit points the finger! "Big Pom" rattles RTP cage ordering an end to bribery and corruption NOW OR ELSE!

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The law is the law and the RTP have to follow that, he suggested hopefully.

Hope is all he's got if he thinks his words will change things in the dark regions of the Thai popo. And who's going to tell the top dog to refuse a nice juicy bribe here & there? Do as I say, not as I do...

8 hours ago, webfact said:

No more bribes

No inappropriate behaviour at all

No corruption in any shape or form

The RTP were to offer no favors and follow the law to the letter.

Or else.

"Or Else you can ignore this and carry on as normal.

Love Big Pom

PS don't forget my Christmas box"

And with that Thailand is not different then the rest of the world. With every election you hear those bozos saying "we need a change.....I will make that change" and in the end nothing changes. No matter if it are the states, Germany, France, England etc. Everywere the same salespitch. Always wonder why people still go to vote.

7 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Is this an indirect jibe at Prayut's promise to reform the RTP. The fracture between them is beginning to take shape. Will see. 

imho...no...tis lip service 101 for the media.
Nothing changes just rearranges.

Edited by wombat
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, wombat said:

imho...no...tis lip service 101 for the media.
Nothing changes just rearranges.

And this is how it always plays out - tradition. 

Not that the numbed and stoic media would ever consider any such challenging or questioning pose - as in: understanding contemporary history, investigative follow ups, etc.

It’s always hilarious to see the guys at the top of the food chain, who receive the most kickbacks, point their fingers at others and tell them they are not allowed to take bribes. Just read that the deputy head of Thailand’s corruption watchdog got canned for being ‘unusually wealthy’. You can’t make this stuff up.

You can be 100% sure that EVERYONE at the top in Thailand is raking in fortunes in bribes, kickbacks or whatever, that is their only purpose to get in that position of power. Prawit, with his ridiculously expensive watches (“borrowed them from a friend”. Yeah, right!!) probably belongs to the worst offenders. And that is saying something, in a country as corrupt as Thailand.

2 hours ago, kentrot said:

"No more corruption or brides ...."

Does that include the IMMIGRATION Police as well ?

(Asking for a friend)

I know it's a typo, but "no more "brides"?

The girls from Esan will be up in arms about this!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldestswinger said:

In future, all bribes to be paid to the men in green. In future, bribes must be paid to the men in green.

But who will be responsible for halting corruption by the men in green?

I suspect that each force has a good idea where the bodies are buried by the other side.

A sort of "If you leave me alone, I will leave you alone".

Hub of Hypocrisy.

Army and police hate each other.

The only honest cop was exiled to Australia for exposing lardarse years ago.

Everybody knows hes full of it!

Thailand's Fearless Cop | 101 East Documentary - YouTube

Thailand's Fearless Cop | 101 East Documentary - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com › watch

Edited by chalawaan
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes have to wonder how a common general makes it on to any rich list allegedly????

Thailand’s Ministry of Defence has described as false a report on an overseas-based website which named Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, also defence minister, as being among Asia’s 45 richest people.

Ministry spokesman Lt-Gen Kongcheep Tantrawanich said Monday that the report lacks supporting evidence or reference and demanded that the administrator of www.investing.com  disclose the source of its information about General Prawit’s alleged wealth and publish accurate information to dispel public suspicion.

The spokesman said the website is reportedly operated by a company known as “Fusion Media” which is registered on the British Virgin Islands.

The report of Prawit’s wealth has become a subject of widespread criticisms on the social media, with many netizens questioning how the deputy prime minister could amass such alleged wealth, despite the fact he was a career military officer until he moved into government.

Lt-Gen Kongcheep said he believes the Thai media have appropriate professional ethics and good judgement to decide whether or not to disseminate such report without first checking its accuracy and the credibility of the sources.

Without naming names, the defence spokesman warned certain elements, who shared the report on the social media, to stop or face legal consequences.