Woman claims she was raped by bogus cop at house in Nonthaburi - "corporal" was using dating app

webfact

BF5BEF6C-D477-4FF6-B322-66DBCCF839E3-1024x576.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Bang Bua Thong police in Nonthaburi were alerted by relatives of a young woman who claims she was raped by a man posing as a policeman.

The police went to a house in Bang Rat Pattana sub-district where they found a woman aged 20 in tears. The assailant was hiding in the toilet but soon emerged. 

He was Wiraphat Thamthip, 27. Drugs, drug taking equipment and a fake gun were found at the property.

The suspect had a previous offence in 2018 for pretending to be a drugs suppression policeman under the name of Sema Prajan on Facebook.

Now he had moved to a dating app and was variously pretending to be a lance corporal in the police or a corporal in the commandoes. 

image.jpeg

In an initial interrogation the suspect denied raping the woman and said she had come over to his house willingly to stay the night. 

He claimed that he wanted her to go home but she wouldn't leave. 

He admitted that he was not a policeman but a security guard. He claimed that the security company had put a rank on his ID as that helped him in his work.

image.jpeg

The chief of the Bang Bua Thong police said they were waiting on a rape test from a hospital.

But the suspect who has a lot of drug convictions is being charged with drug taking, illegal detention, rape and assault.

While he did not claim to be a policeman on this occasion the use of the title on his ID shows his intentions.

77kaoded said that the police were asking other potential victims of the bogus cop to come forward. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I guess her thinking he was a real police officer then do as he asks ....   maybe made up some excuse to get her to his place .  who knows ...

When a woman agrees to come to my home, she usually manages to work out what is going to happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Just wondering why she would go to his house alone?

Maybe b'coz thinking he was a member of the very respected and extremely  trustworthy RTP she would be perfectly safe :unsure:,     or into drugs and uniforms   

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Maybe b'coz thinking he was a member of the very respected and extremely  trustworthy RTP she would be perfectly safe :unsure:,     or into drugs and uniforms   

I'm guessing this accusation is more about non payment than rape. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm guessing this accusation is more about non payment than rape. 

Wow..

Not content with the "victim blaming" statement in an earlier post (why did she go to his house alone?), you now double down..

Shame on you..

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bobbin said:

Wow..

Not content with the "victim blaming" statement in an earlier post (why did she go to his house alone?), you now double down..

Shame on you..

Shame on her going to his home alone.

I've taught my Thai daughters never to be alone with a man, unless they are intending to let him bang them.

Best to avoid violence, than to complain about it after it's happened.

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Shame on her going to his home alone.

I've taught my Thai daughters never to be alone with a man, unless they are intending to let him bang them.

Best to avoid violence, than to complain about it after it's happened.

Not all Men are rapists though and your step-Daughter would be quite aware what could happen if she was alone with a man who was a rapist 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus