TM30 being refused, more docs needed

I've provided all the docs I thought I needed to, and now immigration are asking for the owner of my condo to come in person

Been given an extra form 'Power of attorney' and have to give it a duty stamp of 10 baht.

Never have been asked to do this before. Are they trying to make it as much hassle as possible so I use an agent?

I suggest doing it online and maybe it’ll go through easier. Also if have any bills sent to your address I’d attach those as well. Maybe just got caught someone in a bad move. Which immigration? Worst case stay 1 night in a hotel and have them do it. Good luck 

The only time they'd typically ask for additional information like that is if the house/condo is not currently in the system. I was told once to bring the owner (my partner) and then on return, I was told bringing her was not necessary so they can be fickle. They will want the tabien baan though if it's not in their system. 

On 8/30/2022 at 11:58 AM, cyril sneer said:

Been given an extra form 'Power of attorney' and have to give it a duty stamp of 10 baht.

"Power of Attorney" form is nothing new when you are registering on behalf of the house owner.  Not to make life harder for you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

"Power of Attorney" form is nothing new when you are registering on behalf of the house owner.  Not to make life harder for you.

PHUKET:
I've provided POA's for the last 10 years when i moved to a new house ( 3x) 

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

got it done, it might be a Phuket thing

it was an immigration volunteer that told me I needed it (on top of the owner ID, tabian baan, contract, TM30 form, passport docs)

*It would be more understandable if moving into a house or condo, but this is just a monthly hotel/apartment and i'm likely to move again soon

Edited by cyril sneer
  • Like 2

I did a TM30 at Patong Immigration last month, handed the IO everything but not the POA ( had it all filled out with the correct stamps ). He started on his Computor work with my documents, a few minutes later I showed him the POA paper - he took it. I assume if I did not show him the POA the tm30 still would have been accepted with what I had first handed to him....

14 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

it was an immigration volunteer that told me I needed it (on top of the owner ID, tabian baan, contract, TM30 form, passport docs)

*It would be more understandable if moving into a house or condo, but this is just a monthly hotel/apartment and i'm likely to move again soon

Edited by CANSIAM

15 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

From what you tell first i thought IO want give fine to condo owner. If not inform farang live in hes residence. I have never listen volunteer's, normaly they dont know sht and ask to bring every document what they know. Even not needed!

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

If it is just staying at a hotel, get them to register you online.  If you are moving so often, why border? Unless you are doing an extension of stay.  Even when doing an extension of stay, the IO rarely ask you whether you are still staying in the same place once you have registered an address.

3 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Best is the owner declares you online. Then she gives you a screen shot of the declaration with your name on it. Ask when moving in .They are obliged to do it by law.   If there’s a condo office the secretary usually does it. 

On 8/30/2022 at 11:58 AM, cyril sneer said:

If you do the report in the name of the owner (owner's name on page 1), then they want a power of attorney, to see that the owner actually gave you permission to do the report in his name.

11 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

If it is just staying at a hotel, get them to register you online.  If you are moving so often, why border? Unless you are doing an extension of stay.  Even when doing an extension of stay, the IO rarely ask you whether you are still staying in the same place once you have registered an address.

I needed it for a work permit, there was no receipt for a TM30 being registered (new passport)

Won't bother from now though