BTS at Don Mueang Airport

tpbon

I been looking online to see if in fact there is a BTS station across from Don Mueang Airport. I find conflicting information. Normally I take the A1 bus to Mo Chit. Has anyone picked up the BTS across from the airport?

Thanks

• Like 1

As you leave DM airport head to regular train station. Via some paths down a road a few hundred metres to enter DM BTS from far side. Alternative where taxis drop off for train station there's an entrance a few hundred metres prior. 

I chose the A1 but Buses to Pattaya from Mo Chit only 2 hourly ATM. Maybe the walk to the DM BTS then to Suvarnabhumi quicker.

On 9/2/2022 at 11:07 AM, jayceenik said:

Very good OP question and many thanks to the answers.

My last trip to BKK from Ubon was a few years back.

I then used the APT bus to BTS Mochit.

Nice to know that I can now whizz easy to downtown.

I expect you know but remember that Don Mueang lost the BKK airport code when Suvarnabhumi opened (in 2006?). It has been DMK since. "Bangkok International" used to belong to Don Mueang too but is generally tied to the BKK code, so changed at the same time.

For the aviation geeks, VTBD and VTBS are their respective 4 letter ICAO codes, the 3 letter codes being from IATA.

On 9/7/2022 at 8:53 PM, Woof999 said:

I expect you know but remember that Don Mueang lost the BKK airport code when Suvarnabhumi opened (in 2006?). It has been DMK since. "Bangkok International" used to belong to Don Mueang too but is generally tied to the BKK code, so changed at the same time.

For the aviation geeks, VTBD and VTBS are their respective 4 letter ICAO codes, the 3 letter codes being from IATA.

Yes. I use BKK when talking about Bangkok town but, indeed, in a thread about Don Mueang airport I should have used that apt code, ie DMK. I'll keep that in mind otherwise it can lead to confusion. ????

• Like 1