Chiang Mai - Car Engine Swap Shop -

SoSoCNX

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

You want to exchange your engine?

Not sure i have ever heard of anyone doing this..

Not uncommon to exchange engines here.  Some are rebuilt some are imported from Japan and and and

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2022 at 2:48 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

You want to exchange your engine?

Not sure i have ever heard of anyone doing this..

That said i like Anuway for repairs..

Good luck.

Amnuay does engine repairs? I haven't been in years. As much as I liked the owners and the quality of the work, the prices were on the high side. But they did auto electric, alarm systems, A/C repairs and stereo sales and installation - things like that. If they repair engines now I would be surprised.

3 hours ago, elektrified said:

Amnuay does engine repairs? I haven't been in years. As much as I liked the owners and the quality of the work, the prices were on the high side. But they did auto electric, alarm systems, A/C repairs and stereo sales and installation - things like that. If they repair engines now I would be surprised.

I had some engine repairs, cables to batteries that i think they shopped out for me... they replaced my entire a/c system for less than a little side road chop shop place... and I trust that they will stand behind their work. I don't really know what they do or don't do... I found it to be good work at fair prices. 

How bad is the condition of the engine now ?

Burn oil ? Low power ? Knocking ?

Labor rates are so low here that the existing engine, if it just needs to be freshened up, is quite affordable.

Main and rod bearings, hone cylinders with new rings, mill the head and install new seals and guides, lap the valves.

If all still in good shape but just tired, this will be your most cost effective option

On 9/1/2022 at 8:08 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

I had some engine repairs, cables to batteries that i think they shopped out for me... they replaced my entire a/c system for less than a little side road chop shop place... and I trust that they will stand behind their work. I don't really know what they do or don't do... I found it to be good work at fair prices. 

Right, they are an auto electric shop but do A/C too. They do great work but we stopped going when they wanted 7,900 Baht for an A/C repair. The owner who is a nice person insisted on using only Honda factory A/C parts. We decided to shop around and went to another very well-known shop in Nong Hoi where they did the same job for 1,700 Baht using parts manufactured in Thailand. We have been going there ever since (13 years).

• Thanks 1