So what is the red line?

problemfarang

First of all i was not sure where to start this post, i believe this is the place.. if not please move it to a suitable place.. thanks

secondly, im not starting this post to start any argument, giving names, advertisement, no criticizing, etc. (so please stay on the topic) just seriously  wondering about this and want to know.

that been said.

i was thinking this lately... so this forum is to help people with having some kind of problems. Thats great. And i love this forum. And as you can see people are having a lot of visa problems this or that reasons. And mostly asking about how they can get a visa or solve a likewise problem. So, many people are trying to answer them, help them regarding to their experience or knowledge or both which is great.

but if im not mistaken, suggesting or directing people to illegal things/ways is not allowed in this forum. Then two things comes to mind... 

1) fake plane ticket sites: I have seen many posts about this.. many people suggesting this way to people who thinks or know cannot enter the country if they dont show a return ticket. So, without saying too much, i want to check the reality: to lie an immigration officer is a crime, right? so the person in this case lie two times.. about the ticket and his intentions. question here might be fake ticket seller is legal or not. Well, obviously not (in my opinion) because at the end of the day, there is no ticket. just people found a way to show it like legal or ok. So i was wondering should we or you suggest someone to buy a fake return ticket? Do we do a favor to him or not a favor to the country we are living in? its a deep and detailed question. please think. 

2) Visa agencies: well, obviously this is also a big thing. I, myself used agency too before. And tbh i regret. i hate what i did and used one. and i against agencies. because of many reasons. no need to mention here (not personal reasons). As you know suggesting to use an agency is the most common answer in this forum. then again the question here is are these agencies legal? again my opinion no. Because they get your visa via forged documents or no documents at all, bribing an immigration officer (here its not important IO is ok with this or not, action is important by you) also.. do you think its fair that someone pays some money and gets everything in days, but you really work hard to get it in normal ways? So again, is it ok to suggest people using them? 

so i could write more but i think the main idea is clear. I do believe that 2 act are illegal and its a daily topic in this forum. Are they life saver, yes. But really the correct way, no. so what is the red line in this forum.. what we can suggest what we cannot? is it right to suggest these things?

thanks

• Thanks 1

While your two points are valid, I'm hopeful you are not naïve to realize corruption is not only rampant in Thailand, it's rampant all over the world.  If there is a way to skirt the process, someone will figure out how to do it.  Just one point to make, the immigration officer at the BKK et al does not ask for a return ticket, the airlines do.  As for the visa agencies, I don't have any first hand knowledge but I would bet my annual income there are many brown envelope being handed out in order to get a visa processed.  Is life fair?  Not even close.  Here's an honest question, if you were arrested in Thailand, or anywhere else, AND if you had the means, would you take your punishment OR try to buy your way out of it.  I personally don't have a problem with the ticket websites or visa agencies.  Blame the inane bureaucratic process we are faced with....the old saying, when in Rome.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

if you were arrested in Thailand, or anywhere else, AND if you had the means, would you take your punishment OR try to buy your way out of it. 

I wouldn't commit an act that put my stay here in jeopardy. If siht (anaram) happened then I'd take my punishment. I'm no hypocrite.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, howlee101 said:

While your two points are valid, I'm hopeful you are not naïve to realize corruption is not only rampant in Thailand, it's rampant all over the world.  If there is a way to skirt the process, someone will figure out how to do it.  Just one point to make, the immigration officer at the BKK et al does not ask for a return ticket, the airlines do.  As for the visa agencies, I don't have any first hand knowledge but I would bet my annual income there are many brown envelope being handed out in order to get a visa processed.  Is life fair?  Not even close.  Here's an honest question, if you were arrested in Thailand, or anywhere else, AND if you had the means, would you take your punishment OR try to buy your way out of it.  I personally don't have a problem with the ticket websites or visa agencies.  Blame the inane bureaucratic process we are faced with....the old saying, when in Rome.

well corruption is not the point. Its everywhere and every country. I know corruption in the UK very well. so.. forget about it. and also at some point who is responsible for corruption.. it is you.. because you let it go. and this is the point. thank you. 

about getting arrest.. well you will if you do something wrong, and you deserve it. 

nice point you mentioned. thank you

It gave me my first yellow book in 30 minutes, and no regrets! I have also used reserved fixed ticket service for a little fee. It is an actual reserved ticket, so ? 

Would I use an agent? Nope, never, the paperwork and commitment is so little hassle, and if I do not have the money to stay here legally, then be it. Thailand is not a good place to be a poor man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, problemfarang said:

the topic is not about corruption.

Topic 2 is visa agencies which are literally corruption.

Topic 1 could be considered to be linked to Thai corruption as the over active bureaucracy is a feature of it.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 11:56 PM, problemfarang said:

As you know suggesting to use an agency is the most common answer in this forum. then again the question here is are these agencies legal? again my opinion no. Because they get your visa via forged documents or no documents at all, bribing an immigration officer (here its not important IO is ok with this or not, action is important by you) also.. do you think its fair that someone pays some money and gets everything in days, but you really work hard to get it in normal ways? So again, is it ok to suggest people using them? 

Rubbish.

As with everything in life, some people are crooks, but mostly not.

The agent I used to extend my visa was completely legit and no need for bribes, forgeries or anything else underhand.

All they did was eliminate the need for me to q up at 4 am, and got everything right first time. Well worth the fee.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The agent I used to extend my visa was completely legit and no need for bribes, forgeries or anything else underhand.

As I see it the only time an agent can legally represent you is to do your 90 day report or if you are ill and have a doctors note confirming your disability.     :spin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2022 at 7:56 PM, problemfarang said:

do you think its fair that someone pays some money and gets everything in days, but you really work hard to get it in normal ways? So again, is it ok to suggest people using them? 

Welcome to the third world!

I am so surprised that most people do not know about the Red Line, and redlining.

Truly, you should, if you do not.

Anytime I hear the words Red Line, I always think of this, but maybe it's just me.

Bells go off in my head when I hear Red Line, every time.

image.jpeg.ed9d7be012f8f59c09963e56673d1d80.jpeg

Thankfully, I spent most of my life in places like Gladwyne where redlining was not much of an issue, before escaping to Asia.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

10 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

As I see it the only time an agent can legally represent you is to do your 90 day report or if you are ill and have a doctors note confirming your disability.     :spin:

I had to turn up after the banks opened so I could update the passbook, and they took my photograph. No need to q at 4 am.

I don't see how any visa could be extended without the actual person fronting up at some stage, unless the immigration officer was a crook.