10 Injured In Shooting At Concert In Udon Thani

webfact

image.jpeg

The scene of the shootout after the concert ended in Udon Thani. The Thai headline says, “Bloody concert.” Photo: Sanook.com

TNR Staff

POLICE are hunting for a youth who opened fire at other youngsters during a fight between rival groups after a concert in Udon Thani had ended in the wee hours of yesterday morning (Sept. 2) injuring 10 of them with four in serious condition, Sanook.com said.

The concert at  Khlong Thom market in Mueang district had ended at midnight but some youths had not yet returned home with a quarrel then breaking out among them.

Police are hunting for one of the youths, only identified as Mr. Ram, 22, who had just recently been released from jail and had a full body tattoo, as he had opened fire at the concert-goers with a .38 pistol.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/09/02/10-injured-in-shooting-at-concert-in-udon-thani/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-09-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Police are hunting for one of the youths, only identified as Mr. Ram, 22, who had just recently been released from jail and had a full body tattoo, as he had opened fire at the concert-goers with a .38 pistol.

Serious stuff, did someone look at his brother? ????

The wild wild West of Thailand in Isaan.

Many years ago we had youths from another village pitch up at a festival and I saw at least 2 holding pistol's at the side of our temple.

I told the police and they chased them off firing a couple of shots over their heads for good measure as they fled across the paddies.

Caused quite a stir for a few days after too.

Never had another incident since.

23 hours ago, swm59nj said:

I have known people that own legally bought guns.  They don’t go around committing violence.  
And here people with the so called ego and culture issues are using illegal guns.  From what I see on Thai news programs.  There seems to be quite a bit of gun violence.  For a country where owning a gun is supposedly illegal.  

Yes.

Oh yeah, cars drive drunk and forks make people fat.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DJ54 said:

It’s a bit worrisome the fights breaking out among youngsters…. .. lack of opportunities for their future 

doesn’t help… 

The clown had a full body tatoo. Tells me his future was fairly bleak to begin with.

• Like 1