Newbie advice which cookies vs pain

stat

Complete newbie looking for advice where to buy which cookies. Not trying to get high just to relieve muscle pain and trying to relax. Smoking is not for me, I would rather go for cookies. Is it safe to mail oder or where can I buy in Hua Hin. Villa Market shop has only weed to smoke. Much obliged!

most edibles here (legal status aside) are not made correctly. 

unless the person making the edibles is well versed in concentrate making there is no way they can provide an accurate product. 

if one is cooking cannabis in butter there is no way to determine the thc content. this is the method used by pretty much everyone here. unless imported or professionally made i would be weary.

a dose for someone like you would be good at around 10 to 25 mg. lower end to start as you dont want to get high. if you went to 25 you would get a relaxing buzz. pain relief and a good nights sleep. ????

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2022 at 7:29 AM, stoner said:

if one is cooking cannabis in butter there is no way to determine the thc content. this is the method used by pretty much everyone here.

Made about 15 batches of butter in 2 years, I agree completely.  Huge variances. 

58 minutes ago, marcusb said:

Made about 15 batches of butter in 2 years, I agree completely.  Huge variances. 

ya depends on the bud, the oil you use (could be butter, could be coconut oil etc). some extract better then others. also can use ethanol alcohol (food grade). apparently extracts good but the taste will be strong alcohol taste.

also depends on your decarb method. and time in the oven. 20 degree difference or 10 minutes difference in the oven make a big difference in the thc and/or cbd converted. 

also the process will lose thc in the process. 

i have ate too many edibles before, and its something i never want to do again. so i am super careful now when trying new batches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DontDoubtMe said:

also the process will lose thc in the process.

Thats why butter is my finish product. Making brownies or pancakes or whatever adds to the randomness. IMHO.  

I take a spoonful of butter dip in 3 oz of hot chocolate, stir it up drink it down.  

There are a lot of edibles out there, just fire up The Facebook and after the first search you'll get a lot of options.

These are technically illegal.

There was a story in the Thai press a few days ago about three young Thai lads (Matthyom) sharing a cookie and ending up disoriented in the hospital. May or may not have been accurate was my read.

One poster here mentioned a cookie he buys which has 100 mg (of something), but he didn't share any details. 

There are imported gummies on The Facebook, saw Stiizy variety (30 mg, in a three-segment - so 10 mg dose triangular gummie) yesterday.

Personally I'm a Girl Scout Cookies (AKA: GSC) fan. https://www.wikileaf.com/strain/girl-scout-cookies/

But there are probably ~ 100 "Cookies" strains out there?

Edited by bamnutsak

Yes, making cookies is not the way to go as others have said.

You either buy CBD oil or make an extract yourself.

DIY extracting is commonly done either as alcohol tincture or oil extract; it will require decarboxylated cannabis flowers with high CBD content.

Edited by Morakot
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the great advice! So I will get cbd oil? So this is legal in TH I understand correctly? Was not aware that edibles are not allowed for example.

How can I lay my hands on some good product ideally regularly tested and free of pesticides etc. Order online I assume, any pitfalls regarding breaking the law. Would much prefer to buy cash somewhere in Hua Hin in a reliable shop . Thanks again and as I staated a complete newbie.

1 hour ago, stat said:

Thanks for all the great advice! So I will get cbd oil? So this is legal in TH I understand correctly? Was not aware that edibles are not allowed for example.

How can I lay my hands on some good product ideally regularly tested and free of pesticides etc. Order online I assume, any pitfalls regarding breaking the law. Would much prefer to buy cash somewhere in Hua Hin in a reliable shop . Thanks again and as I staated a complete newbie.

Have you looked at the CBD store just outside of villa market? (Villa market in town. Not the villa market out by Index Living Mall). 

It is a strictly cbd store. I'm sure they can help you 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stat said:

Extracts for medicinal purpose are wholly legal. But you are supposed to buy them from specific outlets, supposedly with a prescription(usually done in the 'clinic' that sells the GPO(Government Pharmaceutical Organization) oil. GPO oils will at least be tested for purity and consistency. But you will pay handsomely for them. A visit to a clinic plus 5ml of oil could cost thousands of baht.

A gram of CBD flower, from less than one hundred baht.

Read up on the effects before you try and try in the company of a friend. For first timers it can be a new unknown experience that their body and mind is not used to, you see a couple of hospital panic cases when this happens and maybe some of those just need a drink of water and a wee lie down.

Do the research first though so you can tell the difference.

Cookies are available online but best to get a first hand trusted review first.

Smoke for me does ease joint and muscle pain, cookies more for fun though.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2022 at 11:47 AM, DontDoubtMe said:

Have you looked at the CBD store just outside of villa market? (Villa market in town. Not the villa market out by Index Living Mall). 

It is a strictly cbd store. I'm sure they can help you 

No I did not! Where exactly is the shop located? Usually I enter from Phetkasem road.

On 9/6/2022 at 9:24 PM, marcusb said:

Thats why butter is my finish product. Making brownies or pancakes or whatever adds to the randomness. IMHO.  

I take a spoonful of butter dip in 3 oz of hot chocolate, stir it up drink it down.  

There are different sizes of spoon.....tea, dessert, table....

On 9/11/2022 at 4:23 PM, stat said:

No I did not! Where exactly is the shop located? Usually I enter from Phetkasem road.

Sorry for the late reply. 

It's right outside the front door of villa when you walk in it. You can't miss it. I've never been in but I see all the cbd signs around

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2022 at 10:20 AM, stat said:

Sent you a PM. Everyone is different, I have found CBD oil to be utterly useless, even at ten times the recommended dose.

• Like 1