dependent visa

6 minutes ago, asia123 said:

If someone has a kid with Thai national but unmarried, he/she could get a dependent visa? 

Yes...  IF specific criteria are met: You are the legal parent (i.e. You are named as the father on the Birth Certificate). 

You can apply for a 90 day Non-Immigrant Type O Visa based on being a parent of a Thai Child. 

You’ll need to provide a Bank Statement (showing funds)... in the application in your home country, I’m not sure of minimum Balance at this point.

Once in country, you can apply for an Extension of Stay based on your Non-Immigration O, Parent of a Thai Child status - you’ll need to show at least 400,000 baht in a Thai Bank account (on the day of application - for this ‘parent visa’ there is no need to season the money). 

• Like 1

You could apply for a non-o visa and a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

If not married to the child's mother you would need to legitimize your parenthood of your child to apply for the extension of stay.

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes...  IF specific criteria are met: You are the legal parent (i.e. You are named as the father on the Birth Certificate). 

You can apply for a 90 day Non-Immigrant Type O Visa based on being a parent of a Thai Child. 

You’ll need to provide a Bank Statement (showing funds)... in the application in your home country, I’m not sure of minimum Balance at this point.

Once in country, you can apply for an Extension of Stay based on your Non-Immigration O, Parent of a Thai Child status - you’ll need to show at least 400,000 baht in a Thai Bank account (on the day of application - for this ‘parent visa’ there is no need to season the money). 

Thank you Richard.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a non-o visa and a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

If not married to the child's mother you would need to legitimize your parenthood of your child to apply for the extension of stay.

Thank you