Mile High Club

tomster

Quick info post in case it helps anybody later.

Just flew from UTP airport to CNX with a box full (24) cannabis cuttings.

Was a strange experience but nothing was said, they didn't open the box to check but knew there were plants in there and they stank.

Had to be checked in, can't take plants in carry on.

Basically, as expected all was smooth but felt super weird after decades of having to hide the weed!

Cheers.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2022 at 9:49 AM, tomster said:

Had to be checked in, can't take plants in carry on.

Just curious, how did you package the cuttings/plants so that they made the journey? And more important, did they survive the flight in the luggage compartment without any bad results? Cheers, Richard

20 hours ago, tomster said:

Because they were so well packed there were zero issues with them and they hit the ground running when they went into the growing medium - here they are 48 hours after landing in Chiang Mai:

IMG_20220907_132713.thumb.jpg.128314ecfd6516a6de4b362b530c8c03.jpg

How long were the plants in the dark inside the box? Did you need to have any holes for air exchange in the box? Apparently being shipped inside the the plane's baggage area didn't bother them at all, they look real healthy. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 6:49 PM, Bobsuruncle said:

How long were the plants in the dark inside the box? Did you need to have any holes for air exchange in the box? Apparently being shipped inside the the plane's baggage area didn't bother them at all, they look real healthy. Thanks for the info. 

The plants were in the dark for around 8 hours.

I didn't put any air holes in the box, if they would have been in there overnight I would of.

They were totally fine with the whole process, I on the other hand needed a valium - even though there should not have been a problem you never know here and there were police and immigration everywhere at the airport, it was not the most relaxing flight I have ever taken!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2022 at 10:20 PM, MrMuddle said:

I'm new to growing, is it normal to pinch the top of the plants more than once?

Yes, very normal, there are lots of different techniques for this depending on the size of you growing area.

As this grow is in pots over a wide-ish area once is probably enough as supporting them gets tricky but in a grow tent twice would be very normal.

https://www.maximumyield.com/topping-and-low-stress-training/2/17562

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tomster said:

Yes, very normal, there are lots of different techniques for this depending on the size of you growing area.

As this grow is in pots over a wide-ish area once is probably enough as supporting them gets tricky but in a grow tent twice would be very normal.

https://www.maximumyield.com/topping-and-low-stress-training/2/17562

Thanks for the helpful advice, much appreciated.

• Like 1