The pursuit for a HEV

goloeilmanz

In March I decided to buy a new car, so I contacted a Honda Dealership in Bangkok. I had already made up my mind so I knew what type of vehicle I wanted to purchase. 

The Honda HR-V e:HEV RS. 

With all the formalities done, choosing color etc I paid a booking fee for 5000thb. 

Little did I know, this journey would take me to September with no new car in the driveway. At this time they are still not able to confirm any date for delivery. 

As far as I’m aware they produce these vehicles in Thailand, however I was informed that they have some issues to obtain certain “parts” from China/Taiwan for the HEV. 

Anyone know if this is true? Getting bored of waiting…

I was recently at a Honda dealer regarding the City e:HEV and when asked about the delivery time, he showed me an excel table showing delivery dates for the City e:HEV in different colors.

From how I understand it, at this dealer it works this way:

They have one City e:HEV on pre-order every week, varying colors, which I assume they pick by popularity.

Then he showed me that for example the car this week, and the two cars in the next two weeks are booked already, but in 4 weeks they ordered one in grey color, which isn't booked yet, and if I wanted I could book this right away (5k Baht deposit) and would then get it in 4 weeks when it's delivered to their shop.

He also explained that the red color for this car is unpopular, so they don't pre-order it. In case I wanted a red one they would require a 30k Baht deposit, and they would have to place the order at the factory, uncertain delivery date, and wait time of about 2-3 months.

They probably sell more City than they do HR-V, and maybe not all Honda dealers pre-order them, but I would assume that some dealers still pre-order maybe 1 or 2 per month or so, and if you ask around you might get one. If the factory has stopped producing them at all, due to missing parts, then this would of course not work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

I was recently at a Honda dealer regarding the City e:HEV and when asked about the delivery time, he showed me an excel table showing delivery dates for the City e:HEV in different colors.

From how I understand it, at this dealer it works this way:

They have one City e:HEV on pre-order every week, varying colors, which I assume they pick by popularity.

Then he showed me that for example the car this week, and the two cars in the next two weeks are booked already, but in 4 weeks they ordered one in grey color, which isn't booked yet, and if I wanted I could book this right away (5k Baht deposit) and would then get it in 4 weeks when it's delivered to their shop.

He also explained that the red color for this car is unpopular, so they don't pre-order it. In case I wanted a red one they would require a 30k Baht deposit, and they would have to place the order at the factory, uncertain delivery date, and wait time of about 2-3 months.

They probably sell more City than they do HR-V, and maybe not all Honda dealers pre-order them, but I would assume that some dealers still pre-order maybe 1 or 2 per month or so, and if you ask around you might get one. If the factory has stopped producing them at all, due to missing parts, then this would of course not work.

Thanks! ????????
This helps