Can anybody offer any advice / suggestions / information on getting home buildings and contents insurance in Thailand?

Can anybody recommend any companies they have had dealings with and are satisfied with the services offered?

I applied to QBE and was assured they had an English language policy. None was ever produced, surprising since it is an Australian company.

Anyway, I am un-insured for my dwelling. Since it is brick and mortar with only the kitchen cabinets in wood, fire is a small risk.

Having had professional experience with insurance companies claims practices, I felt that a "replacement" rider was important. Still don't know if they have such a beast. Really wonder what your buying?

Since I am self insured for health insurance, being self insured for homeowners insurance is a far less risk.

I would buy such a policy if I could read it.

I applied to QBE and was assured they had an English language policy. None was ever produced, surprising since it is an Australian company.

Anyway, I am un-insured for my dwelling. Since it is brick and mortar with only the kitchen cabinets in wood, fire is a small risk.

Having had professional experience with insurance companies claims practices, I felt that a "replacement" rider was important. Still don't know if they have such a beast. Really wonder what your buying?

Since I am self insured for health insurance, being self insured for homeowners insurance is a far less risk.

I would buy such a policy if I could read it.

My QBE policy is in English (and Thai) and very easy to understand. For Pattaya they have an office on Sukhumvit Road somewhere near the turning for Siam Country Club but I used a broker.