Return policy !!!!

The Theory

Yesterday we decided to buy some laminates from "Thai Watsadu" and we ordered some that supposed to be delivered in a few days. Then we could find a better deal and better quality at HomePro. We bought what we needed and went back to TW to cancel the order. I was shocked ???? when I heard that there will be no cash refund, a "coupon" only (and god knows how that coupon is going to work). Anyway this situation was not acceptable since the order never been even delivered and there was nothing regarding "coupons only for returns" at their return counter posted policy sign. My gf said that they are not give us our money back. 
Anyway, I started video the conversation with the employee behind the counter and the employee picked up her phone and made a phone call while she kept herself away my phone (recording). Eventually return money decision made from the other end of phone call. We received cash back, but it really made me upset since I've never had any problem with HomePro or Global return. 
It is good to know this that where to do shopping next time without hassle. 

9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Do your research before you decide to buy something.

It is forbidden to record people to use as proof without their consent.

Are you referring to Thailand only? 

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Do your research before you decide to buy something.

It is forbidden to record people to use as proof without their consent.

If everyone did not do things because they were "forbidden" then they may as well not bother getting up in the morning, and also get membership of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, curtklay said:

The standard advice to farangs is 'keep cool' 'don't raise your voice' etc.  And I agree. Until you can see they are screwing with you.

I agree. The most important thing to Thais, second only to saving face, is money. Once they have it they have it and you have a heck of a job to get money back for defective goods. Credit card slips (not sure if anyone signs one anymore) even said, in capital letters, NO REFUND. But if you stand your ground and argue without being abusive then you are likely to come out on top. They can give proper and professional service, but only if they want to and you make them feel extremely uncomfortable.

On this subject, I once read on this site that a major store refused to replace or give a refund to someone who returned a pair of shoes he bought the day before and then the sole had fallen off. They refused a refund, he refused to leave and they called the police. Customer service, Thai-style.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Theory said:

I was shocked ???? when I heard that there will be no cash refund, a "coupon" only (and god knows how that coupon is going to work). Anyway this situation was not acceptable since the order never been even delivered and there was nothing regarding "coupons only for returns" at their return counter posted policy sign. My gf said that they are not give us our money back. 

I can't blame them, since probably they had to order the items you liked, and can't cancel those orders either.

As far as I'm aware, coupons in Thaiwatsadu are valid for anything you purchase.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peterfranks said:

they had to order the items you liked, and can't cancel those orders either.

The laminate boxes were right there and I could see them, 15 boxes of those could not fit in our car. And it never left their store, so it was not even a returned item. We asked to cancel the purchase just a few hours after on the same day.
They tried hard just not give the cash back, that's all. 
I learned a lot, no more major shopping from TW or DH. HomePro is the best and Global next, unless they don't carry what I need. 

Edited by The Theory

21 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

I have such a strange feeling that one of your next threads will concern HomePro or Global ????

I have already had lots of good return experience during our house construction with those 2 stores. In fact I was not aware (my gf either) of TW return policy, otherwise I would not do any shopping like that from them.  

Edited by The Theory

3 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I have already had lots of return experience during our house construction. We never had any problem with those 2 stores. We have had lots of return experience with no problem at all. In fact I was not aware (my gf either) of TW return policy, otherwise I would not do any shopping like that from them.  

I build a house 12 years ago, ordered kitchen and all appliances from HomePro.

On due date they could not deliver several of the cabinets ordered, and it would take several weeks more to get them delivered. I had to engage OCPB to get the ordered cancelled

5 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

I build a house 12 years ago, ordered kitchen and all appliances from HomePro.

On due date they could not deliver several of the cabinets ordered, and it would take several weeks more to get them delivered. I had to engage OCPB to get the ordered cancelled

Your case perhaps was a complicated especial order case and not easy to find that who did it wrong or who did not do his/her job right. 

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If everyone did not do things because they were "forbidden" then they may as well not bother getting up in the morning, and also get membership of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

Welcome to the club of blaming others for buying an article and want to crawl back because you see something cheaper and begging to get your deal cancelled because you couldn't be bothered to do some research.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1