Looking to Rent in BKK, between airport + good surrounding

James7

Requesting your help to shortlist a few areas to rent a condo for 12 months.

My requirements are:

- good area with ltr/mrt link to BKK airport as I travel aboard frequently

- 2 bed condo that has a good pool and gym would be my ideal

- somewhere low noise and prefer a little high rise (10 floor+).

- budget no more than 15k (ideally towards 10k a month)

- I don't need a new building, but don't want something falling apart either

- prefer walking distance to street food/restaurants

Any suggestions welcome please.

• Haha 1

Lat prao or even upper ratchada is perfect for this, all reachable by MRT stations, affordable decent rentals as well just 150 baht taxi to the airport in no-time, unless it is traffic jam times.

Edit: oh sorry, you are another unicorn who wants 2 bedrooms, 10+ floors, at a perfect location. Have fun with that, try double your budget.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

I had not realised the market rates. Now I stand corrected. I do need two bed as I am looking to convert one into my working from home office. So it looks like I have to budget 20k a month. Thank you for your inputs. 

Edited by James7
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, James7 said:

I had not realised the market rates. Now I stand corrected. I do need two bed as I am looking to convert one into my working from home office. So it looks like I have to budget 20k a month. Thank you for your inputs. 

Why don't you take a look at the property rental web sites? If you pay 20K/month, you'll have plenty of candidates and then can select given what areas best suit your criteria. I think all the web sites have a "proximity to MRT/BTS" filter to assist you. Good luck.

You could try Lumpini Place Srinakarin.  Fairly new, good pool and facilities (it seems, I have never been in).  Maybe a two minute walk to Hua Mark ARL for the airport which also connects to MRT and BTS.  24 hour supermarket on your doorstep.  And at the end of this year / early next year the yellow line opens and there is a station right outside the condo.  Two bedrooms generally around 20k but I see some for 16k or so.

https://propertyhub.in.th/en/condo-for-rent/project-lumpini-place-srinakarin-huamark-station

2 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Honestly, just contact an agent. Send all your requirements and ask them to send you back possible options. If not happy, contact another agency. Arrange a visit when you're satisfied with the option(s).

The last time I was looking for a rental in the Bangkok area I contacted 10+ agents, many didn't even bother to answer, waste of time. In the end I rented directly from an owner.

2 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

The last time I was looking for a rental in the Bangkok area I contacted 10+ agents, many didn't even bother to answer, waste of time. In the end I rented directly from an owner.

That's surprising, every time I rented, bought or sold units, agents were quite helpful. It's been a while and services may have declined.

On 9/9/2022 at 6:52 PM, James7 said:

Requesting your help to shortlist a few areas to rent a condo for 12 months.

My requirements are:

- good area with ltr/mrt link to BKK airport as I travel aboard frequently

- 2 bed condo that has a good pool and gym would be my ideal

- somewhere low noise and prefer a little high rise (10 floor+).

- budget no more than 15k (ideally towards 10k a month)

- I don't need a new building, but don't want something falling apart either

- prefer walking distance to street food/restaurants

I know a vacant 2bedroom condo at On Nut. Not to far from BTS station.

Its on 4 or 5th floor but low noice. I believe 15k is doable. Decent pool and gym, Walking distance to shopping malls Big C etc...

PM me if that might be of interest. 

On 9/11/2022 at 12:35 AM, FriendlyFarang said:

I don't think you will get an agent driving you around to rent a 10k place.