Former Tenant Behind Looting Of Koh Samui Luxury Hotel

webfact

image.jpeg

TNR Staff

KOH SAMUI police have cracked the looting of a luxury hotel on the island tracing it to the former tenant who had leased the property for 30 years and transferred it back towards the end of last year, Matichon newspaper said yesterday (Sept. 9).

Moreover the estimated total loss from the theft of fixtures and fittings at Blue Lagoon Hotel, The Teak Wing, has decreased to 17,548,000 baht million baht from 70 million baht earlier quoted because not all rooms were raided.

Police managed to recover 381 items of the stolen goods worth 659,000 baht and with 1,001 items worth 2,557,500 baht not having been stolen the damage dwindled to 14,334,500 baht.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/09/09/former-tenant-behind-looting-of-koh-samui-luxury-hotel/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-09-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

was this stuff that he actually paid for and fitted like aircon units etc

I noticed something similar taking place on a building near BigC in Pattaya-the building was not unlike this  one, over several weeks all aircon units were removed and likely other stuff too

• Like 2

pretty sure I remember the closing down sale here would have been about 18 months ago, wife and I went a couple of times to browse. They were selling everything tvs, wardrobes, tables, plant pots, cutlery, aircons, furniture, the lot. It was advertized on facebook no secret. Sale lasted about a week. I took some pics on the mobile to show friends the junk they had for sale here will have a browse back. 

Strange that the owners of such large "luxury" hotel doesn't know what is happening with his property, what? no one who works at the hotel or someone from the area bothered to to ring up the owners and clue them of what going on with their property?...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

was this stuff that he actually paid for and fitted like aircon units etc

I was wondering the same.

From the original article....

https://thainewsroom.com/2022/09/05/6-held-for-looting-384-room-luxury-hotel-on-koh-samui/

KOH SAMUI police arrested six suspects on the charges of looting a 384-room luxury hotel that was newly-constructed and decorated before the Covid-19 pandemic hit then remained shut as tourism took a downturn

.....it appears that works were completed early 2020 at the latest.

Lease was transferred late 2021.

That does suggest that the works were paid for by the previous leaseholder.

I've seen countless properties looted once they are deemed to be closed down/vacant. Even when the owner leaves for just a few months and they come back to an empty shell.  Thats seem to be the norm in LOS. If you own property ìn Thailand and are planning on a time away, get security to watch over it. 

A post with a derogatory generalization toward Thais has been removed. 

14. You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, Thai people, Thai culture, Thai institutions such as the military, judicial or law enforcement system or specific locations within Thailand.