Buying Condo on Tourist Visa

3 minutes ago, roo860 said:

All you will need is residency certificate, and show the money has come in from overseas to your bank account,  that was my experience 19yrs ago.

I think you will find a resident certificate isn't a requirement nowadays. I have purchased 3 times in the last 10 years and wasnt a requirement

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find a resident certificate isn't a requirement nowadays. I have purchased 3 times in the last 10 years and wasnt a requirement

Was in chiang mai, did the op say which province, foreigner in my condo bought one 5yrs ago and needed a residency certificate. Different rules 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eddie45 said:

1 year warranty that is crazy. If that is the case with all condos I will rent or buy a house and get it refurbished. I planned to buy a new condo and sell it after a few years, maybe need to re-think that idea.

You can always buy it and sell it in a few years for a 30% loss.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Eddie45 said:

1 year warranty that is crazy. If that is the case with all condos I will rent or buy a house and get it refurbished. I planned to buy a new condo and sell it after a few years, maybe need to re-think that idea.

If you don't buy off plan and instead buy a building a few years+ old you can see how it's faring

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie45 said:

Absolutely the gold standard now unless you are buying Shangri la I guess.

My wife asked some of her friends in real estate about this. The reason is the materials and quality of construction are worse than ever. The absolute rock bottom is being used.

As for buying the older developments Thai are experts in beautifying the ugly things. As a matter of fact I'm about to do the same with this wall. Insurance is refusing to pay for it and address the root problem. So I'll just mask the problem and sell it to the next.... preferably Farang sucker.

Before and after pictures coming soon.