Contacting Air Asia

Pompey Lad 1938

I have a credit note from Air Asia for flights cancelled during the pandemic.  I now want to use it, but cannot contact a human in Air /asia to arrange new flights based on the credit note.  I have tried their App but the subjects covered do not include re-booking using the credit.

Grateful if anyine can advise.

same here,,,they don´t have a hotline, only this AVA chat bot, which is  useless. I found only one email

[email protected]

After I sent an email to the address above the support replied with this email address

[email protected]

They sent me a case number and promised to reply in a few days. That was 3 weeks ago. I sent countless reminders to both  email addresses, but no one bothered to reply again.

In future I will avoid this airline., they give a f... about their customers 

Next step: I will open a case with the ombudsman in thailand, but not sure if this  will be worth the effort, 

• Like 1

Air Asia are certainly not easy to get hold of .... Eva or Ava or whatever she calls herself is pretty useless as it's just an automated system.  If I remember correctly when I was chasing my refund for big money before I finally got through to a person using Twitter ...  so it was AirAsia twitter address : airasiasupport. @airasiasupport or maybe airasia Support (@AVA_airasia) / Twitter.

I think I emailed Tony Fernandes in the end and that got things going. 

But try Twitter and explain your issue ... be brief and just put the relevant info in the request. 

or another option is go to the Air Asia counter at DMK airport if it's not too far. 

good luck.

• Like 1

@Pompey Lad 1938, do you have account with Air Asia? If so login and on the payment page(final booking page) is a button to select if you have credit in your account and the credit will be available to pay for your ticket. Just checked my account on a web browser on laptop.

If you have tried this and still cannot claim your credit, I can't help.

Hope you're successful with you credit redemption 

Yes I did the same myself for 2 tickets in December and Febuary using flight credits.

You will be asked how to pay and on the right if I remember correctly is an option of using flight credits.

It was very simple and easy to use.

All I can think of is that maybe you guys are not a member of their frequent flyer club.

If not just join and then you can access your flight credits and redeem.

Good luck.

Just another thought is that when my flights were cancelled I had to chat to ava the robot to claim my cancelled flights as a credit to my account, it was not automatic to credit said account.

24 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

@Pompey Lad 1938, do you have account with Air Asia? If so login and on the payment page(final booking page) is a button to select if you have credit in your account and the credit will be available to pay for your ticket. Just checked my account on a web browser on laptop.

If you have tried this and still cannot claim your credit, I can't help.

Hope you're successful with you credit redemption 

I saw it

Dont have credit though

At least some people check the website before complaining

Flown AA 10 times no problems.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 7:34 PM, Sparktrader said:

I saw it

Dont have credit though

At least some people check the website before complaining

Flown AA 10 times no problems.

I've flown AA 100 times with no problems..but they canceled my flight , getting a refund was impossible so a credit note was the best on offer.

Now they make it almost impossible to claim that credit note against another flight. I have spent hours on websites trying to arrange another flight and at least 20 emails before I got a credit note.

The most hopeless airline in Asia  I really hope they go bust.

I will never use them again if I can't get this sorted with them.

I had an issue with Bangkok Air  I double paid for luggage, the problem was sorted immediately and a refund hit my nank account within 24 hours.

A proper airline!!

You should be thankful you have not experienced  these types of issues with AA