Anyone have experience with the Pro-Atk (Professional Antigen Test) needed when coming to Thailand?

TheLaughingMan

From what Ive gathered searching online, Pro-Atk just means not using a test kit yourself but it being administered by some form of professional?  And I assume that comes with an email detailing the results which the authorities will then check to be allowed in Thailand? This is for unvaxxed people.  Or is there really a certain level of antigen test that needs to be done to be legitimate?  Pro-Atk is not a word anyone else uses and can only be found on websites explaining Thai requirements, took me a while to see a page actually explaining pro-atk means not using a home kit by yourself so Im hoping that is correct.

Edited by TheLaughingMan

1 hour ago, TheLaughingMan said:

...Pro-Atk is not a word anyone else uses and can only be found on websites explaining Thai requirements, took me a while to see a page actually explaining pro-atk means not using a home kit by yourself so Im hoping that is correct.

That is correct.

professional lateral flow test (LFT, in some countries apparently called ATK or RAT or some other name) is a lateral flow test carried out by a health care professional in accordance with the rules and regulations of the country where the test is done. 

Edited by Puccini
  • Like 1

My understanding is a bit different, the self-administration of the test and waiting for test result is all done under the surveillance of a 3rd party administrator, usually online. So, your cost is significantly higher than the standard ATK test as you're paying for the time of the test monitor, but still self-administered at home.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so my family all got the cheaper ($50 CAD) rapid antigen test with results in 20 minutes at Shoppers drug mart.  This test was administered by someone in a tiny room at Shoppers and they gave us only a paper (no email) with the negative result and other info on it and that was all we had to show to the check in people at airport and it was fine, no need to spend $150 on a pcr test.  We got the test 48 hours before flying but they gave us results on premises within 20 minutes.