METV at the Ottawa Embassy and the new evisa system, has any done it recently?

Hi Friends,

I would like to spend the winter in S.E.Asia and as such  I am applying for a Multi Entry Tourist Visa with the new evisa system with the Ottawa Embassy. I have had METVs before but this is my first time using this new system. Has anyone recently applied for an received an METV from the Ottawa Embassy they are asking for a lot more documentation than in previous years.

I can't find any specific supporting requirements listed on the website regarding this visa type whereas the US DC and LA embassies list specific documents required. Does anyone know which documents are required with Ottawa, they simply link to the new evisa system:

https://ottawa.thaiembassy.org/en/page/general-visa-information?menu=5f2cc201ccedea0dad0463bc

This new evisa is asking for information such as:

- "Intended date of departure".

Should this be my first departure (before 60 days from first entry) or my last departure at the end of the 6 month period?

- "Accommodation name."

As this is a tourist visa and I will be touring the country and staying in multiple locations, which hotel(s) should I list?

- Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, (of the first visit)

Do I need to show bookings for all 60 days?

- Travel booking confirmation (of the first visit)

Does this mean showing a ticket into Thailand and out of Thailand (to the next country) or do I need to show a full round trip ticket?

- Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter (current balance not less than 200,000 THB for the past 6 months)

Are bank statements showing $7,000 balances for 6 months acceptable or do they also need or ask for other documents?

If anyone could provide some advice or guidance or has gone though the process recently, I would really appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...