Any chance for extension/change of visa

Hi..

I m on non- imm ed-visa extension. My mother is here on tourist visa( from india). Is there any way I can get her 60- days tourist visa extended for another 30 dats( normally indians get only 7 days extension) or any way to convert her tourist visa to non-imm o visa? Kindly help.. Thank you!

If your mother (i) still has over about 20 days left on her permission to stay; (ii) is over age 50; and (iii) has enough quickly available cash ...

It is possible to apply for a Non O visa on the basis of retirement at Immigration. This requires 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account (with proof the money came from abroad). She will receive an initial 90-day permission to stay which can fairly easily be extended further if desired.

As an alternative, talk to an agent to see what they can offer.

2 minutes ago, sandysp said:

hi.. i wanted to know about point 8  in the following link

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=2537

That is for family members of a person who has obtained permanent residency in Thailand.

If you are on a certain extensions of stay she can apply a extension of stay for being a member of your family.

Immigration only issues non-o visa for a family member person that is on a extension based upon working or teaching.

She could apply for a extension but she would have to the non-o visa at a embassy or consulate.

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

why do people post this unhelpful message, this forum is to help people and someone as shown above will have the information, no need to go to an immigration office which for some is a long journey

I disagree in general - and I am prepared to be flamed.

For the person in question, the nearest IO might not be that far (she joined a University we just read), and since they would be the ones actually issuing the relevant papers they are also the best to give information.

The notion that this forum can help people is true and sometimes it is indeed the case. Esp. for those living abroad or very far from IO and not so good with internet. At the same time, it is often also not true. Please refer to a current thread on "how to spend 800k" or along this line, and you will find a wild zoo of different, contraddictory, confusing, incorrect "help" posts from people who also do not miss the opportunity to insult each other. Amusing yes, helpful no.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

She could apply for a extension but she would have to the non-o visa at a embassy or consulate.

I read before that it was possible to get an non-o visa at Chaengwattana after entering on visa exempt. Isn't it contradictory ?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1257595-failed-attempt-at-trying-to-get-a-non-o-in-bkk/?do=findComment&comment=17321162

Edited by daejung

39 minutes ago, daejung said:

I read before that it was possible to get an non-o visa at Chaengwattana after entering on visa exempt. Isn't it contradictory ?

It depends upon the reason for the non-o visa. For example those wanting a non-o visa for being a family member of a person on a extension based upon retirement they cannot apply for one at immigration.

Look at the list here. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=2537

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon the reason for the non-o visa. For example those wanting a non-o visa for being a family member of a person on a extension based upon retirement they cannot apply for one at immigration.

Thanks  Ubon Joe. I was worried. Your  knowledge is impressive.

In my case it wi!ll be "FOR RETIREMENT PURPOSES - 50 YEARS OLD (NON-O)". I understand I can do it in Bangkok.

I was not in Thailand when my year extension based on Non-O visa expired,  so I have to do the whole process again.

13 hours ago, steve187 said:

why do people post this unhelpful message, this forum is to help people and someone as shown above will have the information, no need to go to an immigration office which for some is a long journey

this is what all you folks should be doing looking at the rules  and THEN follow up questions     

google  

did you even use search in this forum ?

Edited by ifmu

On 9/13/2022 at 10:38 AM, ubonjoe said:

May I ask you an extra question ?

I intend to stay several months. No problem if the date of my the return flight ticket is several months after the 30 days linked to the visa exemption ?

58 minutes ago, daejung said:

May I ask you an extra question ?

I intend to stay several months. No problem if the date of my the return flight ticket is several months after the 30 days linked to the visa exemption ?

That depends on the airline staff when checking in for your flight to Thailand. My impression is that a return flight on the same airline (even far in the future) will often satisfy them because they know they can grab that ticket to return you if you are denied entry and must be returned to your embarkation point. An onward flight on another airline is less attractive. There is no hard and fast answer.

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration on arrival very seldom ask to see a return or onward ticket.

Can't they  see the flight ticket details on their computer without asking for the ticket ?

I  hope there will be no problem when checking in at airport with Air France

43 minutes ago, daejung said:

Can't they  see the flight ticket details on their computer without asking for the ticket ?

I  hope there will be no problem when checking in at airport with Air France

Immigration can see information about upcoming flight arrivals through the Advance Passenger Information System, but they do not have access to the flight booking systems owned by the airlines.

I called up Air France twice.

The first person, which obviously was not french, barely understood my question and told me I couldn't board without a return ticket within 30 days

The second one told me it would depend upon the person at the check-in desk and that in case there would be an issue with my return ticket I could change it at this desk. She advised me not to change my return flight before I am asked to.

In the meantime I tried to get an evisa, but when verifying my email address after creating an account, my email address is systematically refused (may be because there is an "-" in my adress ??) - My first name was refused as well due to an "-"