Raisins .. or not

pixelaoffy

22 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Having bought large bags ,1kg, advertised as raisins in Thailand on websites .Lazada I discovered the product is not pure raisinsbut mixed raisins and sultanas or even all sultanas

Return them if they are not what they were described as being, Lazada has a very reliable returns service!    

Are you going by the US definition of the dried fruit or the real world's definition?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Return them if they are not what they were described as being, Lazada has a very reliable returns service!    

Are you going by the US definition of the dried fruit or the real world's definition?

Cannot return after opening item packet . And have to open to see, whatever the name on the package says.

• Haha 1

vahz - vase .... really.  Does it matter, unless missing some nutrients or paying too much.

Makro black raisins (1 kg bag) for me, good size, soft, tasty, inexpensive.  Eat almost everyday with my corn flakes, helps keep me regular, I think.

Use to eat current preserve/jelly, damn tasty.  Though haven't noticed it lately.

On 9/16/2022 at 1:13 PM, jaiyenyen said:

If you are in Thailand you can buy raisins at the local market. 500gm bags, and not expensive. My wife buys them for me so I don't know the exact price, but well under

100 baht.

I just asked Mrs JYY and she said she pays 60 baht for 500 gms

Always thought sultana was a word for raisin from a different language, y'know, like mushrooms and champignon.

Sultanas on wooden spoon

These things are called golden raisins in US.  They are much sweeter then the dark raisins.  If you like a winey taste let them sit for a few weeks.  If you want a winey effect let them ferment a bit, but I don't know if it's smart to ingest fermented raisins.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1