Return Worry If I leave for just one day by air?

I am coming to the end of my stay, I landed with a 60day TR visa from the uk and got a 30 day extension, which is coming to an end in a about 2 weeks.

If I fly out just for a night or two, I am likely to get any trouble coming back in? As i have just done a TR60+30days...

My last stamps were from Xmas when also did tr60+30days and left at the end of Feb '22

Asking as someone told me today the immo officers give you a hard time if you fly but not by land?

Thanks for any input.

I was contemplating a quick flight to Kuala Lumpur, flying back the next day but i am convinced that i would have a problem returning.

Entered visa exempt in October 2021 followed by numerous Covid extensions - Current permission to stay expires early October.

I would be taking direct flights from Krabi - Is it worth the risk or should i do a land border bounce ??

4 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I would be taking direct flights from Krabi - Is it worth the risk or should i do a land border bounce ??

Extensive history and fly out back in visa exempt.....not something I would be relaxed about.

IMO obtain a tourist visa or border bounce.

Obviously the second option best idea when visa exempt goes to 45 days. 

Krabi does not have the most simple border run options. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I was contemplating a quick flight to Kuala Lumpur, flying back the next day but i am convinced that i would have a problem returning.

Entered visa exempt in October 2021 followed by numerous Covid extensions - Current permission to stay expires early October.

You can fly out, but make sure you return by land if intending a visa exempt entry. With a visa, returning by air would probably be OK, though officials at some airports can give you a hard time, even entering with a tourist visa, if you have been a long stay tourist.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RedArmy said:

6 hour drive to Pedang Besar - Not looking forward to it but probably the safest option.

SAFEST OPTION????

I only ever did one border bounce from Samui to Malaysia and back.

I am an ex North Sea Diver, I have been paragliding many times, owned very fast motorbikes, etc., but the Minivan Drive to Malaysia and back scared the SH+T out of me!

I sat up front with the driver who was constantly chewing Kratom!

That was 13 years ago.

I applied for and got my Retirement visa ASAP!

Just saying....:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: Stayed away for 3 nights in the end, had a nice short break.

Upon my return was asked, what i did in Thailand, how long was i going to stay, and where was i going next.

Got my 45 day stamp.

None of the 7-8 people in front of me got any questions.

• Thumbs Up 1