Thai justice minister turns to motorcyclists in push for "War on Drugs" victory - dangles 500 MB 5% carrot

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai justice minister Somsak Thepsuthin has turned to the ubiquitous motorcyclists on Thailand's roads for help in a final push to win the so-called war on drugs in the country.

Police must have turned down his request....????

• Haha 1

America started a 'war on drugs' in the 70's since then there are more drugs than ever in the country. Definately not working, or perhaps it is, its keeps the prisons full and the police busy enough and to look there are actually doing something.

Although not involved in drugs myself i have met a few odious charachters around and you can be safely sure that the police are 100% involved in the distrubution of drugs in Thailand.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

Can't spend 500 million baht if dead. Snitches in the drug world most definitely end up dead. And sometimes there families. So he wants everyday delivery people to do the job his department and men can't.  Good luck with that plan. 

Not really

Thailand has been the L.O.S. (Land of Snitches) for as long as I can remember. If they're not found following the national pastime of dobbing each other in, they certainly can be relied upon to throw any and everyone to the wolves if captured - when their DNA seems to cause an inability to hold their own water.

And to be honest the Thais aren't much better ????.

Edited by Regyai

I read somewhere that there are (at least) 5 million yaba addicts in Thailand. How are you going to win the war on drugs with 5 million yaba addicts alone? Because that’s not even counting all the other  addicts hooked on hard stuff like heroine and such. 

When I first saw the headline I thought bikers = "Hell's Angels" types, and had a giggle!

But apparently, he means delivery type bikers, and I am sure that they are going to risk their livelihoods and /or lives by grassing up the drug suppliers (Not!)

How's about the RTP doing the job that they are supposed to be doing, rather than begging for help from people that are only trying to put food on the table for themselves and their families?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...