Best company to do border runs?

23 hours ago, parafareno said:

I used to use a company from BKK it was key visa or somthing I forgot but they used buses instead of small vans to do border runs. 

That was probably Jack Golf.

I guess you know that already, they are out of business since a long time, even a long time before Covid.

Sorry, I don't know about any other similar company.

Today  Pattaya Mail News reported with photo about  Pattaya-Jomtien to Cambodia same-day border run had re-started with usual minivan transport,  early morning departure,  mid-late afternoon return and quoted 5500 B per person.  Frequency is pending on demand at this stage.     

This one should be genuine,  I had no experience,  and let others to comment on the pricing etc. 

I like bus rather than minivan too,  but I doubt. 

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This is a good company that goes from Bangkok to Ban Laem. https://www.thaivisaservice.com/

Mini bus only. 

I turned up there once but when I saw the other passengers i went home and drove myself the next day.

One woman had smothered herself in Tiger Balm, ....could smell her 3 meters away. Two guys had bought KFC to eat on the way. three Filipinos were chain smoking while we waited for the driver.

An attractive woman had Channel behind her ears ....whole bottle I think.

I just didn't think my nose could stand being confined in a small space with them for 7 hours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

Mini bus only. 

I turned up there once but when I saw the other passengers i went home and drove myself the next day.

As I wrote before I don't think any company is using buses now.

I don't think you should criticize a company for the passengers in the van they provide.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

As I wrote before I don't think any company is using buses now.

I don't think you should criticize a company for the passengers in the van they provide.

I wasn't criticizing the company. I was merely pointing out that on a small bus you are going to be confined with other people in a small space and a little consideration from other passengers would have been appreciated.

But as you say , as far as I know no company uses big buses now. If I had to do the trip I would hire a car for the day or car with driver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Is Aranyaprathet/poipet back on the 'no hassle' list now?

Reason for asking is at one time they were wanting a one night stay in Cambodia before returning to Thailand. Some got around it by getting transport to the next nearest border crossing and re-entering Thailand.

Edited by overherebc

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Reason for asking is at one time they were wanting a one stay in Cambodia before returning to Thailand. Some got around it by getting transport to the next nearest border crossing and re-entering Thailand.

It became way worse than just requiring the overnight stay. They progressed to giving you a denied entry stamp when you tried to re-enter Thailand, and informing you that you needed to fly to Thailand to re-enter (at which point, their friends at Don Muang/Savanakhet were liable to further hassle you).

None of the visa run companies have used Aran for a long time which is telling. I cannot confirm that it is still a rogue crossing, but I would personally avoid it like the plague.

• Thanks 2