Buriram Home Builder/Renovator

roskruge

I need the names, address and/or telephone numbers

of Builders/ Renovators in the Buriram area - would help if they can speak a modicum of English.

Looking to do renovations/emergency repairs on an older timber. Thai style house.

Initially to do repairs to make it safe and live-able, then to upgrade interior later.

Many 'side wall' exterior wooden 'tiles' are damaged or missing.

A house like this with this location should be preserved, not just knocked down, to be replaced by 'Brick and Tile'.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 4.08.39 am.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 4.09.28 am.jpg

Have the family / Wife /  GF ask around in the village where the house is and there for sure must be guys who can do it.

BIL's house "was" approx the same and builder guys in the village renovated his house and did a great job. And a couple of months ago, they put a whole new roof on the house!

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

If  it is wooden you have to check the structure for white ant infestation before you spend and money on renovation. Most locals give up on wood, now  as it is way too  expensive  and difficult to protect.

+1

When renovated the house of my BIL, they treated the NEW wood with Chaindrite and 2 years in no issues (yet)

cd.jpg.86cad85d5289bdcd60dd46f8174e8769.jpg

8 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

A backpack sprayer is a useful investment.

That is a brilliant idea, we have a couple of them 1 for pest control and one for the wife to spray organic fertilizer (naam mak) but never thought of using it for that purpose.

Question: How do you clean it afterwards so it can be used for other purposes? Or one time deal only?

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

That is a brilliant idea, we have a couple of them 1 for pest control and one for the wife to spray organic fertilizer (naam mak) but never thought of using it for that purpose.

Question: How do you clean it afterwards so it can be used for other purposes? Or one time deal only?

Well I don’t have enough wood in use to warrant using one for the job, but as the as the diluting agent is almost certainly paraffin flushing with that or possibly diesel enough times should, if not totally clean, at least get it clean enough that there is no noticeable bad effect.

Note I have used a hand pumped version.

• Thanks 1

"I think you need to be more precise on the location in Buriram where are you are looking for builders"

Did not give precise location, because purchase is still ongoing, and I don't want another bidder.

I was searching for comments to see if it is a feasible proposition.

High likely there could be vermin infestation, as property is overgrown (meaning fertile) and neglected, but cheap even by Thai standards.

Thanks for all the helpful comments.