Best way to extend time whilst waiting to ordain as monk?

Hello internet friends,

I am currently staying in a temple outside Bangkok and hoping to ordain however I don't know how many months (8-12months) it will take to know if I'm accepted and get a monk visa.

I entered the country on a 30 day visa waiver (Australian citizen). I will extend this for 30 days at the immigration office. What are my options after this? I have funds for bus/flights to Laos/Cambodia/ Malaysia. 

Any input is greatly appreciated. 

Thankyou ????????

You could apply for a non-r visa at immigration with supporting documents from a temple.

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/12.PERFORMING-RELIGIOUS-ACTIVITIES-IN-THAILAND-NON-R.pdf

The nearby embassies and official consulate will also issue a non-r visa.

Near the end of the 90 days the non-r visa allows you can apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration.

Click number 13 her for info. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1890

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wannabeamonk said:

I'm not sure if be able to get a letter for a few months. Is it possible to Goto a nearby country and return?

You do not have to be ordained to apply for the visa. It will be issued for studying Buddhism. 

You can get a visa exempt entry by leaving and re-entering the country at a border crossing. They are limited to 2 per calendar year. On or after October 1st it will be for 45 days instead of 30 days.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

13 minutes ago, wannabeamonk said:

Is it possible to get a two month tourist visa with a month extension for a Thai embassy in savanakhet/ Vientiane?

You will a get single entry tourist visa that will allow a 60 day stay in the country that can be extended for 30 days at a immigration office.

You can apply for it at the embassy in Vientiane or the consulate in Savannakhet.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wannabeamonk said:

Hello internet friends

I think you got your answer so I can slightly hijack things.....well, not really.

curious in temple life and the process and whatever........no, I could never do it, but I always wondered about people strong enough to go through with it.  I can't be quiet for more than a few minutes....

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

I think you got your answer so I can slightly hijack things.....well, not really.

curious in temple life and the process and whatever........no, I could never do it, but I always wondered about people strong enough to go through with it.  I can't be quiet for more than a few minutes....

I think I’d have most difficulty physically, I can’t sit cross legged due to an old knee injury and kneeling is also problematic. 
I’d have no trouble getting in at my local temple, they have invited me numerous times. I agree the meditation would be difficult especially if physically uncomfortable. I do enjoy the peace and atmosphere at the temple not sure if I would be up for too many big Buddha days