OnwardFlights(dot)com vs OnwardTicket(dot)com vs other sites

Which site have you had good experiences in the past?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which of the onward ticketing sites do people here recommend? I've added a poll as well.

What routes do you usually book out of Thailand on these sites?

Who here has had positive/negative experiences with either OnwardFlights(dot)com vs OnwardTicket(dot)com?

OnwardFlights(dot)com - $7 tickets

OnwardTicket(dot)com - $14 tickets. Actually, when you go to book, then they change their prices to 14 Euros, instead of dollars.

OnwardTicket(dot)com site says "Quickly book a Flight Reservation for your Visa Application. Verifiable on Airline's Websites." They also say on their site "Unlike some fake ticket providers, our reservations are 100% legitimate with a Passenger Name Record (PNR) code under your name that you can verify with the airline."

Edited by bbi1

I think I need to do this. I have lived here for a long time and recently separated from the wife, so the marriage visa is gone. 

Due to a slight hiccup with the bank account, (went below 800k for about 2 minutes, I need to do another extension. However, I have already done one 30-day extension. So as far as I understand I am not eligible for another. (I came in as a tourist- no visa needed).

So, I either do a boarder run (scary van trip) or I fly out and then fly back. However, I understand I will need a flight showing that I will be leaving Thailand again, before the airline in Singapore will let me back on the plane - Is this true?

I believe it is, but it has been a long time since I needed to do anything like this, so I would like to confirm.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, dhind1 said:

I am not eligible for another. (I came in as a tourist- no visa needed)

Sounds like you entered visa exempt and received a 30 day stamp.

That would mean that your non O is gone. 

You can apply for a non O retirement with 800k in bank account on the day you apply.

That would also require 15+ days remaining on your current permit. 

As far as a visa run goes that depends where you are located.

If in Bangkok you could fly to Udon Thani and the border Nong Khai is easy straight drive from there 1 hour.

Pretty simple. 

If your permit expires after Oct 1 you will receive 45 day stamp. 

Edited by DrJack54

I don't understand why anyone uses these sites instead of just booking a fully refundable ticket (FLEX). 

I usually book one way BKK-KL via Malaysian, costs around 3k, once back in Thailand I cancel and get full money credited back to CC within a few days. So costs you literally nothing and it's a proper legit ticket.

Plus if they still somehow end up denying you, as a flex ticket you can change date and use it to actually fly out if they force you.

Edited by nummer1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nummer1 said:

I don't understand why anyone uses these sites instead of just booking a fully refundable ticket (FLEX). 

I usually book one way BKK-KL via Malaysian, costs around 3k, once back in Thailand I cancel and get full money credited back to CC within a few days. So costs you literally nothing and it's a proper legit ticket.

Plus if they still somehow end up denying you, as a flex ticket you can change date and use it to actually fly out if they force you.

1. because I CBF trying to find such a FLEX fare

2. because I CBF going through the refund process 

3. it's only a few bucks and I'm happy to support a 'disruptor'

• Like 1