New Dee Money App: Change in Registration Requirements?

I was reading up on the new Dee Money Neo app (set to replace the current app in November) and, if my understanding is correct, it looks like only foreign nationals who hold a Thai work permit will be able to register, per new BOT rules. 

Can anyone confirm or disconfirm?

I recently applied for the DM Neo app and was accepted after passing the KYC process. The first transfer is free.

They needed:

Selfie

Passport copy

Copy of visa - I forwarded copy of my retirement extension

Additional verification - I sent Thai licence front/back which had my Thai address, other options were noted

The visa request stated need for >15 days validity. No requirement for work permit.

This was all quite similar to the requirements when I registered for their previous app a couple of years back.

• Thanks 1

Yea, their app does say for a farang your passport, visa, and "work permit" are needed to register/re-register.  

However, as PPGuy pointed out they will accept a passport, visa, and Thai DL.  No work permit required if you don't have/not allowed a work permit.  

Below is a partial quote from a DeeMoney Customer Service email response after I asked in mid August whether a work permit is required for farangs who are on visa/extension like a retirement extension who no long work....not authorized a work permit....basically farangs who are a long term visa/extension but does not have, or possibly allowed, a work permit.

Although I'm currently registered with DeeMoney I haven't decided whether I want to re-register under the new requirements/Neo app.  I probably will but still thinking about it since I've only used DeeMoney a couple times over the years to transfer small amounts of money out of Thailand....transfers which worked just fine.

Please be advised that minimum 3 official documents are required and only your passport, retirement visa and Thai driving license (both sides) are enough already. Morover, during KYC process on the DeeMoney Neo Application, it also requests you to take a real time selfie to verify your identity as well. Kindly go through all steps to complete your profile. 

• 1 month later...

Update: When I tried to register for the new app, I was asked to provide my passport, visa and either a Thai work permit or a driver’s license from my home country. When I advised the DM rep that my U.S. DL was expired, I was asked for a Thai DL (which I don’t have.)

Waiting for a response from DM to ascertain whether any other form of ID would be acceptable.

Seems ridiculous as I am already registered and have been using the old app for several months now.

The situation is bizarre for me.

Although, like everyone, I'm required to re-register, at the time I originally signed up they had already strengthened their KYC process, so they already have all my required documents. They are right there in front of their faces but "the computer says no".

• Like 1