Greenlight given for Robinhood and Grab to operate app-based taxi and bike taxi services

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

private cars used to provide the services will have to be re-registered as public transport vehicles and the drivers will have to apply for public transport driving licenses and have their criminal records checked by the police.

3 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

I'm sure Grab is very excited to hear that they've received approval to provide the services that they've already been providing for the past 7+ years. 

I'm sure Grab is not happy now????

The two operators are required to submit bank guarantee letters to the department within 30 days, ensure that they comply with the conditions set by the department and cover damage caused to their passengers and their bikers in the course of providing their services, said LTD Deputy Director-General Seksom Akraphand today (Thursday). 

At the moment there are many taxi services ( especially motor bike taxis ) who are not insured  for 3rd party personal injuries nor vehicle/property damage . Insurance should be a priority to gain a licence and annual renewal should be shown . Indeed vehicle annual inspection cert and insurance should be shown in order to attain road tax ( has to be displayed and easily seen by police at road checks ) 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Do we not have enough of these terrible drivers on our roads delivering food?

A million more please.
Even 7/11 driving deliveries around.
At my local shop, cashiers are busy with warming up food and others delivering it.
It amazes me how lazy some people are.
At my condo, 7/11 often seen, delivering a bottle of water, a coke etc.
It just takes 1 minute to walk across the road.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Land Transport Department (LTD) has given approval for app-based Robinhood and Grab to operate taxi and motorcycle taxi ride hailing services in the country.

Win taxi street wars about to erupt.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Lazy c**ts.

Whatever happen to the simplistic ideals of collecting one's own food.

The growing dependency on everything by way of mobile gadgetry is a bit wearisome. 

10-100-1000s of scooters on the road vs cars, is a major plus.  To some it's economics, way cheaper to have delivered besides being easier than picking up.  Especially if you, spouse, and little sh!ts all want something different.

Try finding a parking spot for your car at your favorite shops at dining hours.  Great for the business ... that don't have parking for more than 5 scooters, if that.

win win win all around.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Yeah but that involves walking ... 

... and if doing legally, might involve 1-200 meter to an intersection or elevated walkover & back, or risk getting run over ... ????

Not going to mention rainy season and walking in sewer water ... 

... oops

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Lazy c**ts.

Whatever happen to the simplistic ideals of collecting one's own food.

What ever happened to being able to read ??? - the Op is about Grab and Robin hood proving legal taxi services on Motorcycles via their App !!! 

--------

But on your misunderstanding - Do you want to walk 3 km to your restaurant just to pick up food, or do you prefer delivery ?

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

The growing dependency on everything by way of mobile gadgetry is a bit wearisome. 

Spoken like a true boomer unable to cope with modernisation. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

10-100-1000s of scooters on the road vs cars, is a major plus.  To some it's economics, way cheaper to have delivered besides being easier than picking up.  Especially if you, spouse, and little sh!ts all want something different.

Try finding a parking spot for your car at your favorite shops at dining hours.  Great for the business ... that don't have parking for more than 5 scooters, if that.

win win win all around.

Exactly this....  But some people are just so stupid they simply lack the ability to see without their negative bias and imbalance. 

I know restaurant owners (open shop-houses) doing hundreds of thousands of baht worth of business through the Grab, RobinHood and LineMan Apps.... 

BUT...  this thread is about the legalisation of Motorcycle Taxi’s....  

I didn’t know Robinhood provided transport though. 

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

BUT...  this thread is about the legalisation of Motorcycle Taxi’s....  

I didn’t know Robinhood provided transport though. 

I come in on 'new content', see headliner & last comment.  Too lazy, don't care, or bother reading the OP, and just replied to comment quoted.

A lot more to than just being lazy when it comes to deliveries.

Now reading OP, competition crying ... oh well ... ????

Supply & demand, better service @ better price always wins.

CAPITOLISM ROCKS

GO CHINA ...  oops, wrong thread ????

What a joke, more ungoverned and unroadworthy vehicles on the road. These companies are never held accountable for the unroadworthy vehicles nor the unregulated drivers that operate under their brand name. When is the last time that Grab or Robinhood management inspected the vehicles being used under their brand name for defects....answer, never.

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

... and if doing legally, might involve 1-200 meter to an intersection or elevated walkover & back, or risk getting run over ... ????

Not going to mention rainy season and walking in sewer water ... 

... oops

Or the risk of getting electrocuted in said sewer water.

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

What a joke, more ungoverned and unroadworthy vehicles on the road. These companies are never held accountable for the unroadworthy vehicles nor the unregulated drivers that operate under their brand name. When is the last time that Grab or Robinhood management inspected the vehicles being used under their brand name for defects....answer, never.

Another one who has problems reading?

It clearly says their vehicles need to be classified and registered as Public Transportation vehicles, they need to have insurance cover, and drivers will have to have public transportation licenses.  In other words your "ungoverned" and "unroadworthy" and "unregulated" cars are clearly going to be governed, roadworthy and regulated.  In fact that was the main point of the article and the conditions they have to agree to to be issued licenses.   How on earth did you miss that?  Or did you just read the headline and bash out a critical post?

5 hours ago, RafPinto said:

A million more please.
Even 7/11 driving deliveries around.
At my local shop, cashiers are busy with warming up food and others delivering it.
It amazes me how lazy some people are.
At my condo, 7/11 often seen, delivering a bottle of water, a coke etc.
It just takes 1 minute to walk across the road.

Why so selfish to cut out the delivery guy who needs an income ???

There... another sanctimonious perspective !!!.... 

And... yes... even 7-11 do delivers...  what’s the big deal getting you so butt-hurt ???... the convenience is awesome... 

Either alone with my Son, if I want something I have to go out with my Son and get it or...  Bingo - LineMAN delivery !

Enjoying some beers / G&T at home with friends...  we run out...  someone has to do a beer run, but its too far to walk and we’ve been drinking so can’t drive... Bingo - LineMan delivery !!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

What a joke, more ungoverned and unroadworthy vehicles on the road.

Why more ???....   This is simply the legalisation of an existing service, that all. 

2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

These companies are never held accountable for the unroadworthy vehicles nor the unregulated drivers that operate under their brand name. When is the last time that Grab or Robinhood management inspected the vehicles being used under their brand name for defects....answer, never.

What’s the difference from standard Taxi’s and Win riders to this ???  

Edited by richard_smith237

44 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Can't say i am familiar with this Robin Hood outfit....or is it the restaurant on Pattaya second Rd?

Will they compete with Bolt on price?

They already compete with GRAB for Food delivery (and are usually a little cheaper). 

The RobinHood app doesn’t yet appear to have a ‘transport’ option - but if the article is accurate, this is perhaps in process.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

They already compete with GRAB for Food delivery (and are usually a little cheaper). 

The RobinHood app doesn’t yet appear to have a ‘transport’ option - but if the article is accurate, this is perhaps in process.

The good thing about Robinhood (in fact it's whole raison d'etre) is that it doesn't charge the restaurants anything at all.  Food Panda charge 30% commission which is a lot.  RH is actually giving back to the restaurateurs.

• Like 1