Not working at the company's registered address, how does this work?

Company is registered in province A

I will be living and working in Province B

I assume the work permit has to be applied for in the province where the company is registered, right?

On the work permit application form there is a field "place of work", so at least in theory that should work I guess, or is it a problem if the place of work is in another province than where the company is registered and where the work permit is application is submitted?

Do the officers from the department of employment ever visit the company or the work place?

When I apply for an extension for working at immigration, am I supposed to do this in province A or province B?

Edited by FriendlyFarang

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I know that restriction does not exist anymore.

I think that was changed a couple of years ago. But sorry, I don't have a source or link.

I know that the work permit would allow me to work at any province, but I'm uncertain about the technicalities when applying for the work permit/extension.

I've read that at least immigration tends to visit the work place when the foreigner applies for an extension for working, so taking this into account it seems logical to me to apply at immigration where I'm actually living/working (or immigration would have to make a 3 hour one way trip...), but I'm not sure if that's the right way to do. In the end I will of course have to check this with immigration directly, just hoped to hear the experience of other posters so I can base my actions on those as well.

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

I know that the work permit would allow me to work at any province, but I'm uncertain about the technicalities when applying for the work permit/extension.

I've read that at least immigration tends to visit the work place when the foreigner applies for an extension for working, so taking this into account it seems logical to me to apply at immigration where I'm actually living/working (or immigration would have to make a 3 hour one way trip...), but I'm not sure if that's the right way to do. In the end I will of course have to check this with immigration directly, just hoped to hear the experience of other posters so I can base my actions on those as well.

The guy who takes care of the work permits for our company takes pictures of us in front of the entrance with company logo on the wall and maybe working on a computer (in my case).

I don't remember any visits from authorities in the office at all - but I guess that can be different.