Non-Imm O Medical Visa 1yr , any one had?

It would be an unusual treatment regimen that required regular presence at the hospital over a lengthy period, but did not impede travel between the treatments. What do you have in mind? Radiation treatments following cancer surgery that are projected to continue once every two weeks for six months?

I do not think there is anything in the rules that prevents an embassy from issuing a multiple entry Non O for medical treatment but, even with a pretty convincing explanation from the hospital, I think it would be very difficult to get.

On 9/25/2022 at 1:55 AM, ubonjoe said:

Only single entry non-o visas that allow one 90 day entry for medical care. After entering the country you can only get 90 day extensions of stay.

Isee so can only extend it one time. . maybe its between different immigration offices . . im guessing can extend as long at the Hospital have a plan for you. 

On 9/25/2022 at 2:24 AM, BritTim said:

It would be an unusual treatment regimen that required regular presence at the hospital over a lengthy period, but did not impede travel between the treatments. What do you have in mind? Radiation treatments following cancer surgery that are projected to continue once every two weeks for six months?

I do not think there is anything in the rules that prevents an embassy from issuing a multiple entry Non O for medical treatment but, even with a pretty convincing explanation from the hospital, I think it would be very difficult to get.

Its just a treatment plan for depression ., only requirement from my embassy was a Dr appointment and "Copy of hospital/medical center registration certificate".  

3 hours ago, oMega69 said:

Isee so can only extend it one time. . maybe its between different immigration offices . . im guessing can extend as long at the Hospital have a plan for you. 

You can apply for another 90 day extension with supporting documents from hospital and doctor.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, oMega69 said:

There is no limit on the number of 90-day extensions you can potentially receive. You should note, however, that Immigration tends to be very sceptical of requests for medical extensions. It is difficult to get them unless you are actually in hospital. If you are physically able to travel (and sometimes if you are not) you should expect your application to be denied.

19 hours ago, BritTim said:

There is no limit on the number of 90-day extensions you can potentially receive. You should note, however, that Immigration tends to be very sceptical of requests for medical extensions. It is difficult to get them unless you are actually in hospital. If you are physically able to travel (and sometimes if you are not) you should expect your application to be denied.

Sad . . hopefully they should listen to what the Hospital wants byt yes... will be hard i guess.