Phuket Governor says the island is prepared to protect tourists and ensure their safety during this upcoming high season

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket – Phuket is ready to ensure tourist’s safety even as the island welcomes more tourists in this upcoming high season during the next few months.

The Phuket Governor Naroong Woonciew told the Phuket Express, “Every year from October on is high season in Phuket in which many tourists are going to visit Phuket especially outer islands in Phuket.

Of course, for the past two years we didn’t truly have a high season due to various Covid-19 business and border restrictions. However, this year, for the first time since 2019 we are ready to truly embrace tourists without stiff restrictions and covid measures.”

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/09/25/phuket-governor-says-the-island-is-prepared-to-protect-tourists-and-ensure-their-safety-during-this-upcoming-high-season/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-09-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

Judging by the number of bookings received so far for my partner's guesthouse and similar properties nearby, I'm not too sure there will be much of a high season. I really hope I'm wrong as another year like the last two will be the final straw for many of those small businesses that have managed to stay afloat.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Of course, for the past two years we didn’t truly have a high season due to various Covid-19 business and border restrictions. However, this year, for the first time since 2019 we are ready to truly embrace tourists without stiff restrictions and covid measures.”

And fleece the life out of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I hear that there may be lots of Russian tourists, but not the young men and likely some

women of fighting age will be able to leave Russia for a while yet.  I have not been to Phuket for years, but have fond memories of swimming at Kata and Karen beaches. Also had a few drinks in front of the Club Med at Kata beach.