3 Laotian Women Die As Van Slams Into Truck In Rayong

webfact

image.jpeg

TNR Staff

A VAN carrying 14 Laotians rammed into a 10-wheel truck that had stopped at a red light in Klaeng district of Rayong province at 3 a.m. Monday morning (Jan. 26) killing three women from the neighbouring country, Sanook.com said.

A police team from Klaeng station together with Buddhist volunteers  and Sawang Phon Charity Foundation rescuers rushed to the scene of the accident as the van had caught fire and some passengers were trapped within.

At the inbound side of Highway No. 344 they found the Bangkok-registered van parked at the rear of the 10-wheel truck, registered in Prachuap Khiri Khan, with the front smashed.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/09/26/3-laotian-women-die-as-van-slams-into-truck-in-rayong/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-09-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

44 minutes ago, 2baht said:

That would be a visa extension, not a passport extension, or is this just another case of typical substandard Thai journalism?

RIP, it would be a fresh entry, you cannot extend visas, but i agree bad wording by the reporter

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Let's hope the driver goes to prison for manslaughter and the company are sued into extinction

One could live in hope Richard, but as they were foreign Ladies it will more than likely be a few thousand Baht compensation and case closed.

• Like 1

The overnight van trips...

It's been many years.  Maybe I've done six, or eight.  

Once I got hurt, trying to sleep and sudden braking....went flying into some metal part in the van.  well, i shouldn't be lying down, so i blamed myself.

but after I really woke it the driver was like an F1 driver in the middle of nowhere during a light rain in the mountains.

definitely super dangerous and the "adventure" "fun" factor wears off on your first trip around 11 p.m.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2baht said:

That would be a visa extension, not a passport extension, or is this just another case of typical substandard Thai journalism?

Just a direct translation from what the Laotians call it and from what the police said. 

RIP to those who lost their lives. And let's hope they look after the others and let them sort out their entry situations. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

A VAN carrying 14 Laotians rammed into a 10-wheel truck that had stopped at a red light in Klaeng district of Rayong province at 3 a.m. Monday morning (Jan. 26) killing three women from the neighbouring country, Sanook.com said.

Welcome to Thailand, enjoy your journey... while it lasts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2baht said:

Some of the Laotians told police that the van had picked them up in Bangkok and was taking them to get their passports extended. 

And the accident happened in Rayong??? Something does'nt add up there! ????

Scenic route?

4 hours ago, carlyai said:

And that's a great reason for trucks to switch on their hazard lights when they stop in the night time.

Stopping at a traffic light needs hazard lights?? why just trucks then?? The blame is not with the truck!

4 hours ago, LennyW said:

Stopping at a traffic light needs hazard lights?? why just trucks then?? The blame is not with the truck!

And usually all intersections on main roads with or without lights are announced by signs. What else but driver fell asleep could explain such a massacre?

• Like 1